Sign in to follow this  
dinohunter93

Baryonyx tooth

dinohunter93

Hi all, 

I'm interested in getting a Baryonyx tooth and there is one available. But it seems to have had unnecessary restoration which has also been done poorly. I was just wondering what opinions are there on getting it? I would really like one but the restoration is putting me off. Is it still worth it or should I wait for a better one to come along? (if they ever do!) 

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Runner64

Hi there, what restoration are you talking about? I’m not seeing any and it looks like a genuine Baryonyx tooth in my opinion.

On the base?

UtahFossilHunter

Looks alright to my eyes. Maybe you can point out what isn’t sitting right with you, @dinohunter93?

paulyb135

It is the black putty like material that for some reason has been added to the base of the tooth When it wasn’t needed that can be seen in the second image. You can’t really tell in those images so I would suggest providing more if you have them. 

The crown is pretty nice but for the price they want (4 UK figures) I would avoid as there will be better ones out there

TyBoy

Need to see photos of all sides but from that top photo the crown is spectacular on that one side.  The resto on the base can be redone if that's the only issue.  You do not see many of these teeth in this condition.  Use the resto as a negotiating leverage 

dinohunter93

The restoration has a finger print on it (first picture) and as Paul said it is a UK 4k figure. Still, these teeth are not seen often so I was wondering what thoughts are? Is that too expensive or for what is real fossil would be a good piece for a collection? I know I could fix it up myself, but for what I'd be paying I would have thought the current owner would have done a better job. Other side of tooth is in second picture. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Dracorex_hogwartsia

I agree with paulyb135 and would wait for a nicer tooth to come along. He may even be able to help you with that.

UtahFossilHunter
11 hours ago, dinohunter93 said:

The restoration has a finger print on it (first picture) and as Paul said it is a UK 4k figure. Still, these teeth are not seen often so I was wondering what thoughts are? Is that too expensive or for what is real fossil would be a good piece for a collection? I know I could fix it up myself, but for what I'd be paying I would have thought the current owner would have done a better job. Other side of tooth is in second picture. 

s-l1600.jpg

That’s a better picture. I can see the restoration now. It’s too bad they didn’t leave it unaltered.

Jaimin013

Yes I too saw this tooth a while ago and although the resto may be easy to fix it just put me off even buying as it is pretty badly done and it seems unnecessary to just fill that portion of the tooth. I would suggest waiting for another tooth but if you can fix the putty and the price is reasonable then go for it but personally I am waiting until I can find myself a nicer one.