Ehm fossil what ????

Davidevi82

Some time ago i received from a seller that photo.....what is that? only a sculpted rock :doh!: or some kind of fossil ruined to create that?

IMG-20181228-WA0031.jpg

Unfortunately it's just a sculpted rock. :(

Honestly I do not think there's absolutely any real part in it.

Not long ago, I have seen on our favorite auction site some rather naive "trilobites" carved similar to this:

image.png.f7a2b1b1868f35d95b73eb506f8a7591.png

I got in touch with the sellers and sometimes the salesmen do not know they are sculptures and as soon as they know about it, they take the announcement off the air. So there is not always evil or malice, just ignorance.

But what makes me really angry is when I send dozens of emails to the seller alleging that the alleged skull of Adcrocuta Canine Hyaenidae that he is selling is a fraud and yet I am ignored by the seller in every attempt...

So in doubt, really the best thing to do is ask for help here. There are hundreds of people here willing to help.

:dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter what it was to begin with, because it's ... ruined is a good term. What it is now is ridiculous looking at best. Did the seller say what it supposedly is?

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

A concretion of some sort glued onto another piece of rock.  The 'eye' may have actually  been something like an ammonite? 

RB