Crinoid and Petalodus Tooth Help

Nimravis

The tooth sure looks like it from Sulphur, ID. there is a Haney formation there.   The crinoids sure look like the Alpena material.   Packy

• I found this Informative 1

Notwithstanding everyone else's expertise....I think what these "amateurs" are calling a crinoid, is in fact the broken wrist of an alien from the group that visited the earth long ago to supervise the building of the pyramids.:hearty-laugh:

12 hours ago, dalmayshun said:

Notwithstanding everyone else's expertise....I think what these "amateurs" are calling a crinoid, is in fact the broken wrist of an alien from the group that visited the earth long ago to supervise the building of the pyramids.:hearty-laugh:

Funny. I too have seen a few crinoids that reminded me of other creatures. One recent one looked like a headless version of the old TV cartoon Gigantor. I almost bought it just for that. Of course I've also seen the Bodhisattva and Christian nativity scene in the broken enamel on Meg teeth. I told my girlfriend that I was going to open up a museum. ;) In other words, I've probably had too much of whatever dalmayshun is having too much (Or is that just enough?) of. :faint:

And yes, the OP's crinoid fossil is very cool indeed. I'd like to have one like it someday. Cheers.