Pleistocene Ankle

figginsdiggins

I got a camel/llama id elsewhere on this one too. Any other ideas or is that pretty much the extent of it? I was very surprised to find out we had camel/llama in my neck of the woods. Hooda thunk it?

post-2272-12536781269529_thumb.jpg

post-2272-12536781469293_thumb.jpg

I got a camel/llama id elsewhere on this one too. Any other ideas or is that pretty much the extent of it? I was very surprised to find out we had camel/llama in my neck of the woods. Hooda thunk it?

Since I don't see any camel bones in your other images, this could be cow. Compare it with camel and bison images here: http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Yes, that is probably an astragulus of a camel. I saw one like that from the Bone Valley Formation.

you're welcome. is that thing really dense and heavy, because it looks very well mineralized...

i like it when i find stuff that's really dark and dense and shiny and trying to become chert.

you're welcome. is that thing really dense and heavy, because it looks very well mineralized...

i like it when i find stuff that's really dark and dense and shiny and trying to become chert.

Oh yeah, very dense and dark. Always makes me think a bone is older when they are that darker and heavy like that. Also seems to me the lighter "feeling" bones and the lighter colored bones are either usually younger, or were at the very least preserved in quite a different environment? But not always?

See ya'll later.

Archived