Unknown fossils in collection

Rawkz

I purchased a large collection of raw fossils from a man who’s father passed away and owned the collection. The man had no idea what anything was and didn’t care. I am lucky I came across the collection as it may have gone to the trash. 

Anyway so I don’t know where anything I have came from or much of any other info. The man who owned the collection lived in Utah. Also I am a semi-amature rock hound so I don’t have any other input on this piece. The pictures I am posting is only one of about 30 strange shaped fossils, each different from the next. I don’t have a ruler with me so I used a lighter to show size. I have read the rules on posting a fossil for ID and next time I will do better as I will be prepared. I haven’t figured out how to resize the pics so I can load more than 1 pic but once I figure it out I will post more pics. 

I appreciate any info someone may have. 

Thanks

CD36A0AC-7ADC-498C-A999-99EEA006DC68.jpeg

The only way I have figured out how to make pics smaller is to email 5 or so pics to yourself and when you click send it will ask what size you wish to send them. Select something less than 3.9 mb. Then save them from the email. Then upload.

It would be nice if this site had an option to resize when posting. This is a perpetual source of frustration for all of us, so you’re not alone.

13 minutes ago, KimTexan said:

It would be nice if this site had an option to resize when posting. This is a perpetual source of frustration for all of us, so you’re not alone.

There are several image software solutions and online sites for picture resizing. I don't think you can speak for all of us. :unsure: 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Is it a "BIC" lighter for comparative scale?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I just resize using Windows Paint. *shrugs*

• I found this Informative 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

7 hours ago, Rawkz said:

I haven’t figured out how to resize the pics so I can load more than 1 pic

You can add additional pictures in a reply, as long as they are 3.95 megabytes or less.

If You resize the pictures do not make them too small as this makes it hard to see details.

If You are still getting an "over limit" then try refreshing the page.

The piece pictured here looks like a worn bone fragment.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I appreciate all of your comments. I will use the info you all gave and post more pics.   I have such a large amount of rocks and fossils that I may hire a pro to come take a look at what I have so I can I.D. them all at once.

Abbysunder, yes the bic lighter was for scale. I purchased a ruler for future pics. 

Thanks again for your comments 

Edited by Rawkz
Add more info

4 minutes ago, Rawkz said:

I have such a large amount of rocks and fossils that I may hire a pro to come take a look at what I have so I can I.D. them all at once.  

You can contact a local rock club.

They often have very knowledgeable members.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 hours ago, Rawkz said:

Abbysunder, yes the bic lighter was for scale. I purchased a ruler for future pics. 

:dinothumb:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library