Display stands

Bobby Rico

Late to the party, but a cracking good and ingenious display, Bobby! :dinothumb: I adore how you produce lifelike textures. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

14 minutes ago, rebu said:

It really looks great, well done. Brilliant idea and very well finished. I have a couple of hand crafted wooden elephants here from South Africa, they're about 12x8cm. If it will be interesting for you for your projects just let me know I will send you some. :)

20190121_120136.jpg

Thank you that’s really kind of you but unfortunately they are two big for my diorama. The 00 gauge so the elephant probably be about 2.5cms height. They are really hard to find and experience. Mrs R and I have made lots of mini dioramas for friends birthday or Christmas gifts. I find some soon I hope.

Your elephants are really cool . Thank again much appreciated .

all the best Bobby 

88B3E74A-6BC3-4FE3-BFCE-A439A458F092.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Late to the party, but a cracking good and ingenious display, Bobby! :dinothumb: I adore how you produce lifelike textures. 

Thanks Kane my ideas are getting crazy I will have rein it in a bit. I am enjoying making the dioramas anyway . All the best Bobby 

Beautiful display and very creative!  By the way, the lion looks like the one from the Wizard of Oz!

6 hours ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Beautiful display and very creative!  By the way, the lion looks like the one from the Wizard of Oz!

It does look like the cowardly lion “I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Thank you very much I am pretty pleased with it. :dinothumb:

Very imaginative, creative and original, Bobby! 

I always enjoy your displays and dioramas. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

A really great idea, the display works well with the specimen you are displaying. Thanks for sharing all your hard work to produce a really awesome display.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very imaginative, creative and original, Bobby! 

I always enjoy your displays and dioramas. :)

Hi pal

thank you very much indeed. I really just like making things. I going to add some more paint to it. I  like to leave my project for a few days before adding to them. 

Cheers Bobby 

4 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

A really great idea, they display works well with the specimen you displaying. Thanks for sharing all your hard work to produce a really awesome display.

Thanks you much appreciated. I have never really displayed the tusk tip before and I had it for 15 years. So it is like having a new fossil. :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

14 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks you much appreciated. I have never really displayed the tusk tip before and I had it for 15 years. So it is like having a new fossil. :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Well a really good job and works very well with the display. Really creative i like how the moss/grass and rock effect you have created fits in well with the fossil itself.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

I added another layer of paint to the rock face  to deepen the hues . I think it is getting there now. 

01936331-B5E7-4327-AF24-20D5B5E6BE08.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

It's such a creative  idea to make a little diorama out of the display plint!

I've seen it used for historical and fantasy figures but it gives interesting results for fossils too.:dinothumb:

"The baneful Dragons, O Seas, are gone: Fiends, 0 Earth, have filled thee with the bones of Defeat and Death."

2 hours ago, aplomado said:

Clever and good artistry!

Thank you  and holds the tusk tip nice and safely . 

• 1 year later...

MrsR kindly gave me a nice small  tray for displaying. It looks nice and tidy works well . 

B8815174-F73B-44EF-B8C3-1DDC1A8176A8.jpeg

79B7C792-95D2-4589-8D56-F30557167DFF.jpeg

2DDDE1BC-8EF8-422D-BCFA-AE5F31D1E0E7.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

MrsR kindly gave me a nice small  tray for displaying. It looks nice and tidy works well . 

That's a lovely way to display your fossils!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!