After the rain

Shellseeker

Went out this morning with @jcbshark for a land hunt. Walking and talking and playing in the mud puddles takes me back to yesterday year. It is messy but the rains remove dirt and dust, making the fossils more visible. Not too many finds for me, 10 little shark teeth, a mako, a distressed Meg and a very large tilly. Jeff definitely has sharper vision but I respond with unvarnished luck.

IMG_4600.thumb.jpg.b754453a83bfe50ebb2396f27f528c88.jpg

The Meg is a little distressed but at 3.5 inches, an outstanding root, and good olive green color, I am not complaining.  Thanks Jeff

BrownMegMerge.thumb.jpg.2323c7eb7f16c651a1186fbefc9ca17a.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice finds! Glad you were able to get in a hunt!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Great little adventure that looks to have paid off, Jack!

Thanks for posting this. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

@Shellseeker    Am drooling as I read your post. Let Jeff know I will be in touch soon. We are in the process of organizing our yearly trip to SW Florida (middle of March). My niece plays college lacrosse and she has a tournament in Newport. So no Minnesota Twins this year. Did You need more fossils for your club's auction? I can fill up another carry on if you would like. Just let me know!!

Mike

Hey Jack, glad you all got out....it did rain like heck for awhile last night and got kind of brisk this evening!  Nothing like the folks are experiencing up north though. 

Nice Tilly...I like those crazy things oddities and a bunch of other goofy stuff we find around here! Thanks for showing us the latest. 

Regards, Chris 

Great finds Jack, as always was a pleasure to get out with you :D Looking forward to you coming down as well Mike

33 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

@Shellseeker    Am drooling as I read your post. Let Jeff know I will be in touch soon. We are in the process of organizing our yearly trip to SW Florida (middle of March). My niece plays college lacrosse and she has a tournament in Newport. So no Minnesota Twins this year. Did You need more fossils for your club's auction? I can fill up another carry on if you would like. Just let me know!!

Mike

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

1 hour ago, minnbuckeye said:

Mike

Thanks, Mike ...

The Fossil club auction is March 21st.. Your donations were WELL RECEIVED,  generating lots of interest and revenue for the club. I would be pleased if you pack that carry_on.  Be great to see you again. Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

6 hours ago, Manticocerasman said:

nice finds :D

what's a tilly ? :headscratch:

Hyperostosic fish bone

Here is one of the better TFF threads with lots of photos.

• I found this Informative 1

12 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Hyperostosic fish bone

Here is one of the better TFF

thanks for the info :)

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.