Hyracodon Skull

kirkjeremiah23

Finally got around to prepping out and making a stand for the Hyracodon skull. It was in pretty rough shape and not complete, but I think it displays well. What are your guys thoughts?

20190120_210215.jpg

2 hours ago, kirkjeremiah23 said:

What are your guys thoughts?

20190120_210215.jpg

Looks kinda angry! :rofl:

But a good job considering what you had to work with.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Looks really good. I would suggest filling the extra holes with a putty that accepts stain and giving your oak plank a nice dark stain and clear coat to make the lighter bones really pop.

• I found this Informative 3

On 1/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, Ptychodus04 said:

filling the extra holes with a putty that accepts stain 

That’s in the wood he means not the fossil if that wasn’t clear;):hearty-laugh: I like how it’s displayed now but I agree filling the holes in the plank with a little wood filler and some dark staining would give it a good contrast.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

On 21.1.2019 at 5:33 PM, Ptychodus04 said:

Looks really good. I would suggest filling the extra holes with a putty that accepts stain and giving your oak plank a nice dark stain and clear coat to make the lighter bones really pop.

My sentiments exactly.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

9 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

That’s in the wood he means not the fossil if that wasn’t clear;):hearty-laugh: I like how it’s displayed now but I agree filling the holes in the plank with a little wood filler and some dark staining would give it a good contrast.

I probably could have been clearer... :P

You were plenty clear. I plan on staining and applying a clear coat to the base. Filling the holes with wood filler is something I havent thought of.

46 minutes ago, kirkjeremiah23 said:

I am just glad it turned out the way it did. I wish a had before pictures 

I think we get the gist of what it was...fossil jigsaw 101.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 1/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, caldigger said:

I think we get the gist of what it was...fossil jigsaw 101.

I was thinking fossil Jenga but that works too.:hearty-laugh:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

• 2 years later...