David in Japan

Active fossil hunters living in Japan

David in Japan

Hi guys,

how are you? Lately I saw, that new members from Japan joined us and I'd like to say that it is a rejoying news. 

Unfortunately, I also noticed that those members tend to disappear really quickly or to be shy (and or busy which is 100% understandable and logic if you work and live in Japan).

As we are a very small community in Japan, I would like to make a kind of census to know who is still active, where do you live (your prefecture only is enough) and why not what you are collecting here in Japan.

This kind of census would also be helpful to put in contact members from the same area to organize fossil hunt and exchange tips about fossil hunting in Japan.

What do you think?

Nimravis
On 1/22/2019 at 11:15 PM, David in Japan said:

Let start with me.

David in Japan

Living in Kumamoto prefecture (Kyushu)

I have been collecting fossils in Japan for 3 or 4 years.

I collect mainly late Cretaceous and Carboniferous invertebrate but I am interested in every kind of fossils.

David- I hope that you get some replies, it would be nice for you to have some one to collect with. Good Luck

The Amateur Paleontologist

@japanfossil @Washoi @dosukoi You guys want to join in? ;) 

-Christian

David in Japan
On 2019/2/2 at 1:49 PM, Nimravis said:

David- I hope that you get some replies, it would be nice for you to have some one to collect with. Good Luck

I am not doing it for me. I just noticed i often get messages from members in japan concerning fossil spots and after helping them they just disapear.

That is why i would like to see who is active or not.

On 2019/2/3 at 11:46 PM, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

@japanfossil @Washoi @dosukoi You guys want to join in? ;) 

-Christian

I am not sure they are still active. Too bad. Planning a hunt in japanese carboniferous. Hope i can find good things and if very lucky i will hopefully find a goniatite. I haven't wrote report about this formation yet.

Washoi

I'm still around (kind of) lots of family things going on right now so I haven't been able to do much fossil related. Maybe this summer though, I hope, around me in Aichi there is little to nothing that I have access too but I'm still looking around and one day hopefully could make trips to collect stuff!

Washoi

Living in Aichi prefecture (Chubu)

I have been collecting fossils in Japan via auctions and collecting when I go back to the UK for 4 or 5 years.

I collect mainly marine reptiles and shark fossils. I love dinosaurs too!