fifbrindacier

Very annoying, i know he's a good seller and i know his fossils are without doubt real ones, i know he also hunt when he has time enough. He is my supplier of trilobites, except one, i all bought them to him and i see him regularly.

Misha

I will be on the lookout for anything like this, let you know if I see anything.

ReptileTooth

I'll keep an eye out  on different sites  myself, I hope everything will resolve for good !

UtahFossilHunter

That stinks! Does he have insurance on them?

fifbrindacier
1 hour ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

That stinks! Does he have insurance on them?

Probably, he is a professional, but, nontheless, he'd prefer to find them back.

Tidgy's Dad

How horrible! 

I'll keep an eye out on the net. 

Let's hope for a positive outcome.:fingerscrossed:

digit

Thieves stink! :angry:

As Kane mentioned above, they are unique pieces and so they will be difficult to sell on an internet site without detection.

Hope there turns out to be a happy ending to this story (but those are long odds).

Cheers.

-Ken

Manticocerasman

It might be a good idea to keep an eye open during fossil fairs in France like "Saintes Marie aux Mines 2019"

I'll try to check Belgian fossil fairs since this is not to far from France.

fifbrindacier

He was recently in a fair at Angers and the police told him this might be from "little" thieves, but those pieces are uncommon and might go in a profesionnal trafickers grid.

Coco

Hi,

Do you mean his fossils were stolen from Angers ? I have been involved for a long time in organizing this show that takes place in november.

I hope your supplier will recover all his fossils thanks to the watchful eye of all.
Coco

fifbrindacier

I hope too, we discussed that matter with him and some other sellers last year at the fair of Pau and he said he crossed his finger for he didn't want this to happen to him.:angry:

HamptonsDoc

I'll keep an eye out in Tucson next week but doubt they would have made they're way there from France already.

UtahFossilHunter
8 hours ago, HamptonsDoc said:

I'll keep an eye out in Tucson next week but doubt they would have made they're way there from France already.

It’s possible. It is arguably one of the biggest shows in the world afterall. The timing is also coincidental as well. Black market fossil dealers can move stuff quickly when they want. Hopefully they’re just sitting around in some thieves house until they try to sell them foolishly on our favorite auction site.

KimTexan

There is always the possibility the theif is a thieving collector who saw them and wanted to add them to his collection. So he went fossil hunting at a very productive spot and stole them. It isn’t likely, but he has good taste in fossils.

fifbrindacier
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 4:20 AM, KimTexan said:

There is always the possibility the theif is a thieving collector who saw them and wanted to add them to his collection. So he went fossil hunting at a very productive spot and stole them. It isn’t likely, but he has good taste in fossils.

You can be right, and if so, it stole them yet identified so won't ask for help and Jean Stéphane won't see his fossils again.

A great thanks to all of you for your help, i cross fingers in the hope this mobilisation will work. :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76: