Crinoid Concretion?

TRKansas

Is this a concretion that formed around a crinoid?  Or something else?

It's approx. 3in.x3in. The bottom half is smooth and the top half is rough. Holes at both ends. 

Found Riley Co, KS - Flint hills

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I'm not so sure. It looks a little too marine to me.  I do agree that the holes could be an indication of it though. 

Interesting. It looks like one part of it formed inside a depression, while the other part is amorphous and may have formed in a different environment.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

34 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

Interesting. It looks like one part of it formed inside a depression, while the other part is amorphous and may have formed in a different environment.

I saw this in a bugs bunny cartoon once.

The conical part is the living room burrow in the sand, and the mounds around the front door tunnel are the spoils of excavation. The size of each bucket deposited can be seen in the littler mounds.

And any good architect always includes a floor drain in the basement. :)  

The strange shape reminds me of claystone concretions.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Looks like it could have been formed from the bottom up, like you get at mineral geysers, only with a lot less pressure. Sediment laden liquid filling a depression from below, then building up layers above. It could also account for the apparent straight line hole from bottom to top.:shrug: Just my $0.02

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.