Sonyamarcou

Found in the porter creek area in washington also concidered Lincoln formation.

it was covered with lots and lots of mud. I soaked it in acid for about 48 hours. I still couldnt find anything. I decided to cut into it with a rock saw. This is what i found. The pictures are taken in sequence of how the rock goes together. Thank you in advance.

E8EA112A-935A-48F6-B0C4-0530C9644321.jpeg

58C2E55E-6673-41EE-81FC-D5430FD7B52D.jpeg

7E539E90-0958-4073-9A48-3EDE6FF9574B.jpeg

8CC7F48F-D259-4A7E-9CFF-886EFC81AD5D.jpeg

02FC6F05-46A5-4FAE-A8AA-9352B013CE49.jpeg

+1 for bony fish vert

• I found this Informative 2

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Thank you. I love this group. Wish I had something to contribute. But alas I know little to nothing about fossils. Working on it though. 

Howdy sort of neighbor! I'm about 3 hours from you in the middle of the state. :D

Very nice looking vertebrae slabs. 

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

2 minutes ago, Sonyamarcou said:

Thank you. I know it’s a minor find. I was very excited as I am very very new to fossil hunting. 

Welcome to the addiction!

And to TFF!

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

3 hours ago, Sonyamarcou said:

Ohhhhhh man it is such an addiction. I started now my husband is addicted too. 

Just dont get in the practice of slicing up all of your fossils! ;)

6 hours ago, Sonyamarcou said:

Thank you. I love this group. Wish I had something to contribute. But alas I know little to nothing about fossils. Working on it though. 

You already have contributed by asking questions. That's just as, if not more, important, because you don't get answers without the questions. It's nice to have you aboard. The more , the merrier. What made you decide to take that particular rock home with you and cut it into slices?

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

9 hours ago, Sonyamarcou said:

The pictures are taken in sequence of how the rock goes together. 

There is at least one fossil assemblage I'm aware of where the only method known to prepare specimens for study is to destroy them in micron scale slabs and assemble a virtual specimen from the data recovered in the process.

• I found this Informative 2

11 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

You already have contributed by asking questions. That's just as, if not more, important, because you don't get answers without the questions. It's nice to have you aboard. The more , the merrier. What made you decide to take that particular rock home with you and cut it into slices?

I had to think about that one a bit. It was round and I was in a spot where many fossils are found in concretions. Plus was in a hurry it was getting dark. I started just throwing stuff in the truck that had potential. I ended up slicing through it because I couldn’t get the dang thing to open. So I figured why not. 

You made a good work there slicing that concretion. :)
If I'm not wrong, there are pholad borings on the external surface.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I'm with the shark people. Doesn't look like a bony fish vertebra. And you might think this is a minor find but I think it's pretty darned great! Concretion fossils are so awesome.