Hop 5  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which find is your favorite?

• Carcharocles chubutensis
    • Carcharias cuspidata
    • Notorynchus primigenius
    • Isurus desori
    • Carcharocles sp.

(I will now be using the poll format, so you can actually click your favorite and the poll will keep track of the votes)

1. Carcharocles chubutensis: MY FIRST MEGATOOTH! A bit of damage near the root and a missing bourlette, but a gorgeous tooth nonetheless. The serrations are absolutely killer. It’s about 1 ¾ inches. Colors completely changed when it dried. I. Am. Ecstatic.

2. Carcharias cuspidata: Very large sand tiger with a beautiful hooked double cusp on one shoulder. Excellent preservation, and certainly a necklace quality tooth.

3. Notorynchus primigenius: A perfect little cow shark tooth. Found in the cove within my first five minutes of collecting. Not very big, but in fantastic condition.  

4. Isurus desori: Incredible little mako. It is absolutely pristine, and still sharp enough to cut you. Has that beautiful Brownies blue coloration on the enamel.

5. Carcharocles sp.: Oh, what could have been...this is the tip to what was probably a huge Megalodon tooth. Based on the thickness of the tooth, it would have been much larger than the meg that I found. Still a great find! The tip of a monster.

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

I’m partial to cow shark teeth as well:)

• I found this Informative 1

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Due to a stalemate, I cast a vote of my own as a tiebreaker. Although the cow shark tooth is an absolute beauty, nothing can top my first meg. The Hoppe tripmaker for 01/25/18 is...

#1 Carcharocles chubutensis/megalodon (still unidentified) 

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~