Calling Brownies Beach Collectors!

Miocene_Mason

Hello everyone, I saw this on a Calvert Cliff Facebook group from John Nance of the Calvert Marine Museum, and I figure it should be here too. 

“Calling all Brownies Beach collectors!

If you found any pieces of leatherback turtle shell in the past year they likely belong to this guys shell! 

This shell was spotted and collected last May. It was first reported by a Brownies Beach collector and others have since added to it. (Will add names with permission.) It’s coming together beautifully! A new donation of 76 pieces will surely help to fill some gaps.

If you’re willing to donate what you’ve found we could keep building this amazing animal. Of course you’d be given full credit for your contribution to the project.”

I encourage any of you who have found shell pieces at brownies to take a look just and case and drop by the CMM. They are a great institution, very much worthy of the donation. 

3979BF03-28AF-4C1C-9F1F-48C14B8FE7D0.thumb.jpeg.b0cbef98436aca7c57fe40926a133c42.jpeg

• I found this Informative 10

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Wow! That's amazing!

I'll go through my Brownie's stuff and see if I have anything that looks like leatherback turtle shell. I'm betting I tossed it into my bone fragment pile.

• I found this Informative 1

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully they can recover some more pieces! 

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

• 4 months later...

Cool. I don't think I've been to Brownies in the past year but I'll check my bone zip lock baggie too.