I chosing my first Keichousaurus

MiseriKing

Hello. Matured before buying his first reptile.
Looked at the sellers - all from China.
Attracts affordability, and not the best quality still suggests that I will get a real fossil.
One seller has two reptiles of about the same quality. Forum opinion are they real?
The second is how is the delivery from China - Hong Kong?

5c54563a2d543_jkjkll.thumb.jpg.22af7832448b90f455deb58ede4e3e4c.jpggfg.thumb.jpg.774b2a6450f19652419e39493c05cffd.jpg

,klkl;.jpg

I  think they are real but both are incomplete and juveniles. If it was me I would hold on for better specimens. I would ask for better pictures before you purchase anyway. Cheers Bobby. 

• I found this Informative 5

Photos not great but seem to be real to me. :)

It depends on the price, I guess, cheap enough, i'd maybe go for one.

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

yes, the price very cheap... only delivery  - more expensive. But still in my country at times more expensive and more rare for sale.

Coz quality on second place - I want study real of them, keep in arms and maybe in future watch on more good quality and know how look real :)

• I found this Informative 1

Delivery from HK takes a long time btw. One of mine even got lost for 3 month

• I found this Informative 2

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Quality does not necessarily mean authenticity, because there are many Keichousaurus of excellent quality and for that reason are not faked, just as there are also "complete" specimens, but they are retouched with paintings and other methods. Then each case should be studied individually.

As the others said, you posted here two puppies that are not with the complete skeletons, but yes, they are real. But I also recommend caution in buying, because with fairly similar prices, more complete specimens may crop up, so everything is a matter of waiting.

But if even with all these advice, you decide to purchase, this specimen, in my opinion is the best of the two:

image.png.5570a1a4d8af4e69ecd55b76bd01387d.png

I already bought several times with this seller. The seller is reliable and makes an extremely fast shipping and tracking code to any country.

To better illustrate what I am trying to say, I give as an example this baby I bought from this same seller (Keichousaurus hui), which is currently deposited in my private collection.

image.png.d14495cb2dd87bc5314ac1b6ab12d682.png

Keichousaurus babies have even more delicate and fragile bones than adults. So finding a complete baby is really a waiting game task that requires patience.

• I found this Informative 7

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

1 hour ago, MiseriKing said:

yes, the price very cheap... only delivery  - more expensive. But still in my country at times more expensive and more rare for sale.

Coz quality on second place - I want study real of them, keep in arms and maybe in future watch on more good quality and know how look real :)

If they are cheep go for it 

The reason that so many Keichousaurus fossils come out of Hong Kong is because fossils can be legally exported out of Hong Kong, unlike the more strict laws in China.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Thanks for the instructive answer. The same seller has a fossil that is positioned as a frog. Can be real and frog?

frog.thumb.jpg.b9c079dd9d98f469547528de41c274de.jpgfrog1.thumb.jpg.78246b76e1c636cdc3585886d27d9975.jpg

frog3.jpg

4 hours ago, MiseriKing said:

Thanks for the instructive answer. The same seller has a fossil that is positioned as a frog. Can be real and frog?

It is definitely a fossil amphibian (frog), but given the poor state of conservation, difficult to say of which species this frog is.

Judging by the color of the matrix, it seems to be, It is probably from the beds of the Miocene in Shanwang in China, and in this region, it is common fossil amphibians, so it does not pay to falsify. And if it were fake, it would certainly look better than the one you posted here.

In any case, even though fossil amphibians are common in Shanwang, the fact is that amphibians have extremely fragile bones, so common is the occurrence of fossil amphibians in Shanwang, but extremely difficult to find whole fossil amphibians in Shanwang. In other words, this frog you posted here is like most of what one can find in Shanwang.

:dinothumb:

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Both are genuine baby Keichousaurus, not very nice specimens as some parts were eroded during acid prepping.  As our friend @Seguidora-de-Isis advised, better specimens may come up, I would wait unless you really want one now.  Look at the better preserved one below for comparison.

IMG_8064.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I did it. Hope to get it. ))) Next step Branchiosaurus

But I think I will have problem with bring my collection in other country...