Is this a vertebra? Or something Different?

Spoons

This comes from Centerville Beach, Humboldt County California. I've found alot bivalves and snails in the cliffs where I found this. Another Formation 5 miles away has had reports of turtles, shark and marine mammal teeth and even agatized whale bones. I'm sorry about the quality of the pictures. I do not currently have a very nice camera. Its sticks to my tongue and has a rough porous surface. The divet on the right side of the bone in the first picture is a place where is has apparently broken.

IMG_20190201_125814.jpg

IMG_20190201_125830.jpg

IMG_20190201_125842.jpg

IMG_20190201_125851.jpg

Yup, fish vert, nice one.:)

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco.:)

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I do not currently have a very nice camera. Its sticks to my tongue and has a rough porous surface.

Hmmmm:headscratch:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

15 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

Fish vertebra

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yup, fish vert, nice one.:)

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco.:)

Hmmmm:headscratch:

thanks guys. Any Vertebrate fossil here is very rare. I look forward to posting here soon with some other finds. 

• I found this Informative 1

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I look forward to posting here soon with some other finds. 

We look forward to seeing them.

Giving opinions on fossils through this forum relies heavily on photos of the object. Thanks for including a scale. Since we have members internationally, a more standard scale like a ruler works best. (I couldn't tell you the sizes of the coinage of most other countries.) Since photos are so important, getting them as well-lit and focused as possible is a great help (and improves the responses). We've found that smart phones (most folks camera of choice) have a hard time focusing on smaller images. To get the best results, try photographing outdoors in bright sunlight as it is more powerful than indoor lighting. Placing the object in question on a flat surface (as you've done) rather than holding it in hand gives the camera the best chance at focusing on the correct subject. Most cameras have a minimum focus distance and so be sure not to be so close that your camera cannot hope to grab a sharp image.

Welcome to the forum--lots of good folks and information to be found here.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Is this a vertebra? Or something Different?