Nautiloid and Ammonoid from Central Texas

JamieLynn

Found two interesting cephalapods on the Blanco River in Central Texas. I have never found nautiloids in my area, but I looked up as much info as I could find, but only two are found in Cretaceous. So I am thinking this is a Cymatoceras?  Perhaps Cimomia Angustus?  That was  one I found online that looked a bit like this one. Any help of ID would be appreciated.

The little grey imbedded ammonite is also unusual to me since it is so small, most of what I have found are much much larger.  

ammo and nautil.JPG

SAM_5109.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

I haven't heard of those names before, but the most typical genus of Cretaceous nautilus I have come across is Eutrephoceras which I would say lines up with yours quite nicely

• I found this Informative 1

Since I literally know nothing about nautiloids I will take your word for it! The main reason I was going with the other species is Eutrephoceras seems to have more "c" curved sutures rather than the "s" of this specimen. But some in the pics I google for Eutrophocers do have a more s curve, others more c curved. So sounds good to me! Thank you!