Shark Tooth I.D?

Zenmaster6

Sharks are cool. Super cool. I know this post will get the most views out of all of mine because sharks. But where are my gastropod / brachiopod lovers?

Anyways heres the tooth. Can people tell me what this tooth is? Cannot disclose location because it was purchased in a bin full of shark teeth. Said they were prehistoric. About the size of a quarter

51668661_1347571435382037_564471475650691072_n.jpg

51851228_606032196524712_1260511479048699904_n.jpg

I agree too. Seen millions of 'em.

I'm a brachiopdaphile.

Here's the latest I've just prepped a 4.8 cm wide Rafinesquina alternata from the Upper Ordovician Whitewater Formation of Flatfork Creek, Ohio.

It also has the inarticulate brachiopod Petrocrania scabiosa and a bryozoan Atactoporella schucherti ? as epibionts.

20190208_022922-1.thumb.jpg.6ec48d8aa394292bdf4cb3cd905cc335.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:07 AM, Tidgy's Dad said:

brachiopdaphile

@Tidgy's Dad,  Google Search could not give me a definition of brachiopdaphile.  Does it mean despiser of a group of lophotrochozoan animals that have hard "valves" on the upper and lower surfaces? Or are you a lover as rumored here on the Fossil Forum? Kidding aside, I put the first bid, late in the game, on the European  auction for the Forum. IF the prize comes to me, I will turn around and offer a variety of brachiopods from multiple sites  with thoughts of you, so watch closely!! I would expect a bid from a fellow brachiopodaphile!!

• I found this Informative 2

Squalicorax pristodontus. 

• I found this Informative 2

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

17 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I agree too. Seen millions of 'em.

I'm a brachiopdaphile.

Here's the latest I've just prepped a 4.8 cm wide Rafinesquina alternata from the Upper Ordovician Whitewater Formation of Flatfork Creek, Ohio.

It also has the inarticulate brachiopod Petrocrania scabiosa and a bryozoan Atactoporella schucherti ? as epibionts.

20190208_022922-1.thumb.jpg.6ec48d8aa394292bdf4cb3cd905cc335.jpg

BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU FOR SHARING! <3 

16 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@Tidgy's Dad,  Google Search could not give me a definition of brachiopdaphile.  Does it mean despiser of a group of lophotrochozoan animals that have hard "valves" on the upper and lower surfaces? Or are you a lover as rumored here on the Fossil Forum? Kidding aside, I put the first bid, late in the game, on the European  auction for the Forum. IF the prize comes to me, I will turn around and offer a variety of brachiopods from multiple sites  with thoughts of you, so watch closely!! I would expect a bid from a fellow brachiopdaphile!!

I think he meant brachiopOdaphile. with the "O" but it does not mean despiser of anything. Just someone who loves brachiopods and not just Megalodon teeth and Dinosaurs, but also old things that have been around far longer (such as sea scorpions, trilobites, bivalves etc) and while not as violent of creatures, still were the king over all micro organisms in the Precambrian to current (except sea scorpions and trilobites. R.I.P may they rest at ease lol)

I was just yanking Adam's chain. I know he loves Brachiopods. He possesses some of mine.

6 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

I was just yanking Adam's chain. I know he loves Brachiopods. He possesses some of mine.

I was pretty sure it was a joke but for anyone reading I want them to know lol.