Jump to content
Xiphactinus

Oreodont skull found and prepped out

Recommended Posts

LiamL

Love it! Good prep and fantastic find. How rare are these to find there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Great find and nice prep job.

It looks great.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xiphactinus
16 minutes ago, LiamL said:

Love it! Good prep and fantastic find. How rare are these to find there?

Thanks for the kind words. They are pretty common. You more often find bits and pieces, but complete skulls aren't rare. But for me, it's my one and only!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ReptileTooth

Nice find and even better prep!:dinothumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fossildude19

Very cool. 

Nice work, X-man. These skulls are really interesting looking to me. 

You got a pretty nice one, at least. :)

Thanks for showing us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot

Congrats on the find!

Nice prep too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thecosmilia Trichitoma

Nice find!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClearLake

very cool, good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KimTexan

Very cool find and nice work. Looks good.

have you ever used Apoxie Sculpt? It is so easy to work with. It comes in different colors.

FA01994C-B00D-4F2D-BB85-F31ED252DD00.thumb.jpeg.5361e37bfac05dd2090c81cb38ccaebf.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Al Tahan

Do you have to get permission to hunt the Nebraska badlands?  Just wondering should I plan a trip westwards someday :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xiphactinus
3 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Very cool find and nice work. Looks good.

have you ever used Apoxie Sculpt? It is so easy to work with. It comes in different colors.

FA01994C-B00D-4F2D-BB85-F31ED252DD00.thumb.jpeg.5361e37bfac05dd2090c81cb38ccaebf.jpeg

That’s what I plan on using! Good stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xiphactinus
1 hour ago, Al Tahan said:

Do you have to get permission to hunt the Nebraska badlands?  Just wondering should I plan a trip westwards someday :) 

Yes, you have to hunt on private property with permission. There are some ranches in the area where you can pay a daily fee to collect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×