KimTexan

DIY Sifting Screen

Sagebrush Steve

Nice job.  looks good to me, let us know how it works.

KimTexan

17 minutes ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Nice job.  looks good to me, let us know how it works.

Thank you. You’re the master builder on here Steve. I’m always impressed by your skill and artisanship. 

Considering it was raining the day I went back out there I didn’t expect it to work that great.  I need to go back when it’s warmer and dryer. I did find 3 other pieces, but not through sifting.

caldigger

Great tutorial. 

Barby

Nice work!

I made mine, too--years ago--not as nice -looking, for sure, but totally functional.

Here's an extra touch I added for river wading: I bought one of those styro "noodles" you can get at the Dollar Store. I sliced it into 4 pieces, and attached one to each outer side with those plastic ties cops use instead of handcuffs. That way.I don't drop it, and I don't have to carry it. I got smart enough to snap on a dog leash , after  it took off ahead of me the first time!

KimTexan
2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Great tutorial. 

I write a lot of protocols at work. I need to quit bringing my work home with me. LOL

KimTexan
2 hours ago, Barby said:

Nice work!

I made mine, too--years ago--not as nice -looking, for sure, but totally functional.

Here's an extra touch I added for river wading: I bought one of those styro "noodles" you can get at the Dollar Store. I sliced it into 4 pieces, and attached one to each outer side with those plastic ties cops use instead of handcuffs. That way.I don't drop it, and I don't have to carry it. I got smart enough to snap on a dog leash , after  it took off ahead of me the first time!

I don’t think there is any place to do river sifting around here. Maybe the POC, but I’d need a finer mesh for there. The smallest shark tooth I’ve found came from there. It might have been 3 mm.

I thought about floatation devices. It may not be pretty, but my thought was to attach 20 oz Gatorade bottles to the edges.

sharkdoctor

Nice sifter! I like to put metal corner braces in all four corners. That makes it possible to use thinner wood. When wet sifting, it makes for a lighter frame overall.

Its been fun reading about your bison project, BTW.

Mioplosus_Lover24

Will be making this later this week thanks!