Crazyhen

Many thanks for the great efforts in compiling and sharing this very informative and interesting dinosaur egg guide! I am reading it with much interest and excitement, and it answers many of the questions in my mind about dinosaur eggs.

CBchiefski
25 minutes ago, Crazyhen said:

Many thanks for the great efforts in compiling and sharing this very informative and interesting dinosaur egg guide! I am reading it with much interest and excitement, and it answers many of the questions in my mind about dinosaur eggs.

Am very glad to hear that, it was my hope people would find my guides useful. Could not answer everything but think I covered the more common questions.

-Andy-

I am astonished. This is probably the best egg post I have ever seen here. Well done and thank you for doing this!

CBchiefski
54 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

I am astonished. This is probably the best egg post I have ever seen here. Well done and thank you for doing this!

Thank you very much for the high praise, am glad to see such a positive response.

Crazyhen

There are two academic publications on dinosaur eggs in China, though they are written in Chinese and thus not accessible to the western world.

690A6EF5-CF30-4282-AB05-66A7FC85545A.jpeg

14533E98-95F4-49EC-B036-AA3597F8763D.jpeg

connorp

Amazing write up, thank you very much. Out of curiosity, how were you able to get some many pictures in a single post?

ynot

I will throw My praise in with everyone else's.

Very nice dissertation!

CBchiefski
28 minutes ago, Crazyhen said:

There are two academic publications on dinosaur eggs in China, though they are written in Chinese and thus not accessible to the western world.

True, there is also not much current information sadly.

13 minutes ago, connorp said:

Amazing write up, thank you very much. Out of curiosity, how were you able to get some many pictures in a single post?

Thanks, I used many pictures which were already on the forum site and so already on the server.

Haha, thanks @ynot there are actually main points of several dissertations incorporated.

Edited by CBchiefski
Typo

ynot
4 minutes ago, CBchiefski said:

there are actually main points of several dissertations incorporated.

OK, compilation then.:D

It is still very informative for Us laymen.

CBchiefski
1 minute ago, ynot said:

OK, compilation then.:D

\It is still very informative for Us laymen.

Indeed, like I said at the start, it is a snapshot of egg research currently. One major goal was that most people could follow and understand, so am glad to hear that.

JohnJ

Thank you for your time, expertise, and effort, Eric.  I know this will help educate many members and others for years to come.

WhodamanHD

Nice job, Eric! A one-stop guide for all of your fossil egg needs! Should save a lot of time and teach a lot of people. 

rebu

Great guide, thank you for taking your time and doing this. I am sure it will be helpful to so many people and I am one of them. So much to learn.....

The Amateur Paleontologist

Thanks a lot for making this, Eric!! This is a great guide that I'm sure I'll use in the future :D 

-Christian

MarcoX

Thanks for this eggscellent post. Very informative. 

HamptonsDoc

Great post! Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

abyssunder

Excellent guide! Many thanks! :dinothumb:

CBchiefski
16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thank you for your time, expertise, and effort, Eric.  I know this will help educate many members and others for years to come.

Given the high quality of your posts, I am overjoyed to hear the praise. Glad I could share and I sincerely hope many do indeed find it educational for quite some time.

16 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Nice job, Eric! A one-stop guide for all of your fossil egg needs! Should save a lot of time and teach a lot of people. 

Thanks and yes, a supermarket of egg info haha.

15 hours ago, rebu said:

Great guide, thank you for taking your time and doing this. I am sure it will be helpful to so many people and I am one of them. So much to learn.....

Glad I could help and yes, there is always more to learn. Thanks for your praise.

12 hours ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Thanks a lot for making this, Eric!! This is a great guide that I'm sure I'll use in the future :D 

-Christian

Wonderful to hear and thank you!

5 hours ago, MarcoX said:

Thanks for this eggscellent post. Very informative. 

Haha That was a bit hard boiled but it cracked me up, thank you. Your questions actually helped me decide what to cover.  

4 hours ago, HamptonsDoc said:

Great post! Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

Yes, thanks for pointing out the need and lack of free information.

3 hours ago, abyssunder said:

Excellent guide! Many thanks! :dinothumb:

Thanks for link on the basic guide, it has good info I had forgotten to add.

bcfossilcollector

@CBchiefski  Superb post. You have compiled an excellent and valuable reference guide regarding fossil eggs. Thank you. 

CBchiefski
On 2/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, bcfossilcollector said:

@CBchiefski  Superb post. You have compiled an excellent and valuable reference guide regarding fossil eggs. Thank you. 

Thanks for the praise!

JohnBrian

Wow! Great information! Thank you for taking the time to create this guide!

Hope you don't mind but I downloaded it for easier reference.

Pagurus
On 2/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, CBchiefski said:

I am not an expert on eggs, rather I just love sharing what little I have learned over the years...

Thank you for sharing a little of your knowledge in this highly accessible way! You've obviously learned a great deal over the years and I'm grateful for your willingness, and your ability, to distill it into an easy to follow format.  Well done! Thanks. 

CBchiefski
On 2/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, JohnBrian said:

Wow! Great information! Thank you for taking the time to create this guide!

Hope you don't mind but I downloaded it for easier reference.

Glad you found it useful, thanks! Please, by all means download it, I was debating if adding a pdf of the whole guide would be helpful. May add a pdf, just to further the ease of reading and convenience.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:19 PM, Pagurus said:

Thank you for sharing a little of your knowledge in this highly accessible way! You've obviously learned a great deal over the years and I'm grateful for your willingness, and your ability, to distill it into an easy to follow format.  Well done! Thanks. 

Thank you, am delighted to hear all that especially from one so eloquent! Have vastly more to learn but then I suppose we all do. Scientific writing for the public often becomes too convoluted for the typical person to truly comprehend, so work to change that when and where I can.

Edited by CBchiefski
clarity