Hell Creek Dinosaurs

I recently purchased this tooth from a collector at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.  He wasn't sure if the tooth was Pachy or Thescelosaur but upon looking at it more closely I'm not even sure if it isn't some sort of Ankylosaur.  Any help would be great.  The tooth was found in the Hell Creek Formation Perkins County, SD. 

Thanks!

Ryan

P1010023.JPG

I am thinking this is a Thescelosaurus maxillary tooth.  Does not have the pinch in the middle which you see in Pachysephalosaurus maxillary teeth.

At first glance I thought Thescelosaur but there doesn't seem to be enough ridges on the side

Reminds me of Dracorex teeth as seen here:

Dracorex-hogwartsia-n-gen-n-sp-TCMI-2004171-holotype-teeth-Photograph-of.png

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I am certain it's not Ankylosaurid base off Troodon's post:

Troodon made a great guide for identifying between Pachy and Thescelosaurus teeth here:

Right now I am undecided between Thescelosaurus or Dracorex.

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

3 hours ago, -Andy- said:

At first glance I thought Thescelosaur but there doesn't seem to be enough ridges on the side

Reminds me of Dracorex teeth as seen here:

Dracorex-hogwartsia-n-gen-n-sp-TCMI-2004171-holotype-teeth-Photograph-of.png

Haven't seen Dracorex teeth before, I see more resemblance to this than a Thescelosaurus maxillary.

That Dracorex photo is in Troodons post very vool, FYI its now considered a juvie Pachycephalosaurus by most Pachycephalosaurid Paleontologists.  The teeth resemble Thescelosaurus and compares well with Troodons photo seen below.  Center of Crown is rounded the Dracorex photo is a flat concave'ish crown with a center ridge

post-10935-0-84249600-1459189316_thumb.jpg.cdae2ddc415b34e2281f6f728e51f19f.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Hey Everyone I appreciate the help with this!  Seems like there is a rift between Dracorex and Thescelosaur maxillary tooth.  I know making a 100% certain ID is very difficult and I appreciate the help!