Clam, shark tooth, crinoid from Wilson Clay Pit

Wanderer

Hi all, I recently made a trip out to Wilson Clay Pit in Brownwood, Texas with my local paleo society. I've found several recognizable things, and a few I need some help identifying. I apologize in advance to @erose who gave me an idea on one bivalve that I failed to write down, and thereafter promptly forgot!

I think the tooth is Petalodus sp., just need confirmation. I'd love a genus for the clams, and  I have no idea at all what the small plate-shaped fossil is.

Thanks!

Petalodus back.jpg

Petalodus front.jpg

photo_2019-02-09_21-40-22.jpg

Shell bottom 1.jpg

Shell 2 top.jpg

Shell 2 bottom.jpg

Shell 2 in hand.jpg

Unknown crinoid 1 front.jpg

Unknown crinoid 1 top.jpg

Unknown crinoid 1 back.jpg

Unknown 1 bottom.jpg

Unknown 1 top.jpg

Hey there. I didn’t get to see all your finds before you left that day. The crinoid may have been the best thing found by our small group. Please bring it to the next meeting.  Now in order: yes, crown of a Petalodus tooth, nice; next two are the brachiopod Composita, one partial and one really nice complete specimen; crinoid with partial arms, cool; lastly the brachiopod Derbyia. FYI not clams, all brachiopods. 

• I found this Informative 3

Eric beat me. We both agree.

#1-2 Petalodus.

#3-4 Brachiopod, Composita?

#5-7 Composita subtilita.

#8-10 Crinoid head.

#11-12 Derbyia crassa brachiopod.

• I found this Informative 2

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

10 minutes ago, erose said:

Hey there. I didn’t get to see all your finds before you left that day. The crinoid may have been the best thing found by our small group. Please bring it to the next meeting.  Now in order: yes, crown of a Petalodus tooth, nice; next two are the brachiopod Composita, one partial and one really nice complete specimen; cronoid with partial arms, cool; lastly the brachiopod Derbyia. FYI not clams, all brachiopods. 

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Eric beat me. We both agree.

#1-2 Petalodus.

#3-4 Brachiopod, Composita?

#5-7 Composita subtilita.

#8-10 Crinoid head.

#11-12 Derbyia crassa brachiopod.

Very helpful- thank you.

It looks like you had a great day at the pit. Congratulations! Some time in May the Dallas Paleontological Society will try again (rained out three times last year) to go to Brownwood to visit the pit and other sites so we will pick up all the fossils y'all missed :)

22 hours ago, BobWill said:

It looks like you had a great day at the pit. Congratulations! Some time in May the Dallas Paleontological Society will try again (rained out three times last year) to go to Brownwood to visit the pit and other sites so we will pick up all the fossils y'all missed :)

I hope y'all do!