Notidanodon

I don’t really know, some of these may not even be fossils but thanks anyway:) 

Just now, JohnBrewer said:

Always best to take a rock home than leave a fossil :) 

Yeah:ighappy:

7 hours ago, will stevenson said:

Is the last one wood or some articulated vertebrae thanks so much:)

I've seen these called lobster burrows before.

Just now, Kosmoceras said:

I've seen these called lobster burrows before.

Maybe it’s just that the lines on the top end stick out pretty far for a burrow 

6 hours ago, Monica said:

Those are cute little gastropods - I'd be happy with those!  Congrats on a good hunt! :dinothumb:

Thanks :) does anyone know what the thing I identified as a croc scute is thanks:)

3 hours ago, will stevenson said:

Thanks :) does anyone know what the thing I identified as a croc scute is thanks:)

Not a crocodile scute, I don't think it originated from the London Clay Formation.

3 minutes ago, Kosmoceras said:

Not a crocodile scute, I don't think it originated from the London Clay Formation.

i didnt think so do you think its just some geological thing because i haven't heard of things like scutes from the london clay

2 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

i didnt think so do you think its just some geological thing because i haven't heard of things like scutes from the london clay

Scutes can be found, there are a few species of crocodile. Your specimen looks a bit like quartzite, but I'd want to see it first hand to give a more informative answer.

2 minutes ago, Kosmoceras said:

Scutes can be found, there are a few species of crocodile. Your specimen looks a bit like quartzite, but I'd want to see it first hand to give a more informative answer.

it was just so uniform in thickness and thats what is puzzling me:shrug::)

Hi,

X1EGj.jpg

Copycat ! :hearty-laugh:

I’m sorry Will disturbed your post ! :eyeroll:

Coco

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

good start.  Beware that these things form Sheppey are subject to pyrite disease.  I will let any Sheppey regulars on here continue that discussion.  

52 minutes ago, jpc said:

good start.  Beware that these things form Sheppey are subject to pyrite disease.  I will let any Sheppey regulars on here continue that discussion.  

I might see what happens to them and if I see anything drastic I will buy some paraloid and acetone, feel free to correct me if I shouldn’t do this:) also

28 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

I might see what happens to them and if I see anything drastic I will buy some paraloid and acetone, feel free to correct me if I shouldn’t do this:) also

Just keep an eye on them. I have had stuff from London Clay for many year without a problem but I would hate to lose of seeds or starfish collection.  If you need to treat them, firstly you will have to treat the disease with ammonia vapours to kill it. Then you can seal it with a varnish . I think it depends on the environment they are kept in and if your house has damp.

• I found this Informative 1