Possible tooth

rebu

Today I was working on my Otodus vertebrae cluster from Morocco and I found this. I found many bones and fish vertebrae in the cluster but nothing like this so far. Is it a tooth? I think it is but will like confirmation. If it is a tooth is it possible to identify the species? Length is about 4cm. 

20190210_113649.jpg

20190210_113607.jpg

20190210_113522.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Reminds me of an Enchodus tooth...

-Christian

• I found this Informative 3

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Thank you guys, people on this forum are amazing. Took less than an hour and tooth is identified, can't wait when I will be able to contribute something so far I am just full of questions. Maybe one day :)

6 minutes ago, rebu said:

Thanks, maybe not rare but I was excited like a kid :D 

I get that way all the time when I find cool stuff.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, rebu said:

Thank you guys, people on this forum are amazing. Took less than an hour and tooth is identified, can't wait when I will be able to contribute something so far I am just full of questions. Maybe one day :)

TFF has a diverse but also deep knowledge on a range of fossil topics and our members love sharing this accumulated knowledge for everybody's mutual enlightenment. Members full of questions are what make this forum humm so do not hesitate to post and help add to the collective information stored on this forum. One day you'll see your chance to return some of your accumulated knowledge back into the forum. ;)

BTW: I love the beach concretions in your avatar photo. I'm assuming they are the Moeraki Boulders mudstone concretions from the Otago area of New Zealand.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

53 minutes ago, digit said:

TFF has a diverse but also deep knowledge on a range of fossil topics and our members love sharing this accumulated knowledge for everybody's mutual enlightenment. Members full of questions are what make this forum humm so do not hesitate to post and help add to the collective information stored on this forum. One day you'll see your chance to return some of your accumulated knowledge back into the forum. ;)

BTW: I love the beach concretions in your avatar photo. I'm assuming they are the Moeraki Boulders mudstone concretions from the Otago area of New Zealand.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank you Ken and yes you are right they are the Moeraki Boulders. Visited NZ last November, what a beautiful country.