JesseKoz

Northern Territory, Central Australia Fossil Sites

The Amateur Paleontologist

Good luck with that! Hope you find many cool Cambrian fossils :) 

Welcome to the Forum, by the way!

-Christian

P.S. I like the map of Central Australian fossil sites that you made

Tidgy's Dad

Best of luck.

Nice post.:)

digit

Thanks for this bit of research and it's addition to TFF. Sometimes I think TFF is like one of those giant balls of tin foil growing evermore impressive with each and every addition of information continuously adding to its collective grandeur. :P

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have a new member from the Red Center. I have fond memories (and great photos) of Alice Springs from my honeymoon trip through Australia back much earlier in the Holocene. ;) Closest we've been back to your area was a visit to Coober Pedy a few years back.

We'd love to see the fossils you've already found from your renewed interest in paleontology (and your future finds). One of the great things about TFF is being able to see fossils from other parts of the globe. I hope to soon see some photos from you in the "Member Collections" section or even photos and a trip report from your upcoming explorations in the "Fossil Hunting Trips" section.

Cheers.

-Ken

Paleoworld-101

Thanks for sharing this information! And welcome to the forum.

The Fossil Club of Australia is planning a potential trip to Alice Springs to visit a few fossil sites later in the year, including Ordovician fish spots, seems like a golden opportunity for you! If you're interested you can join the club and tag along :)

@Foozil can tell you more

JesseKoz

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Once I have permission to post in the members gallery I'll upload the fossils I have in my collection so far. In the meantime this One Drive link has most of my finds from Maloney Creek and some fossils from a trip from this past weekend: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai3mV0Fc5mW7g90CT2W3f2pWfG9ZbA. The folder 'Unknown Fossil Locality 1' has all the images from my weekend trip detailed in this forum post http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/92426-unknown-cambrian-fossil-central-australia/

@Paleoworld-101 It does sound like a great opportunity, thanks for the heads up! I'll get in contact with Foozil as I would be very interested in learning more.

rodrex
On 11/02/2019 at 11:22 AM, Paleoworld-101 said:

Thanks for sharing this information! And welcome to the forum.

The Fossil Club of Australia is planning a potential trip to Alice Springs to visit a few fossil sites later in the year, including Ordovician fish spots, seems like a golden opportunity for you! If you're interested you can join the club and tag along :)

@Foozil can tell you more

SOUNDS AMAZING