Just ordred a kind of "cheap" and not so well prepped and maybe enhanced keichousaurus. Would be nice to get some opinions about the condition of this fossil. I know I should ask before buying but the financial damage isnt that bad and I`m quite cuurious about this fossil. 

Will be pretty interesting to compare it with my other keichosaurus, which was my first ever fossile and a few times more expensive beeing from triassica.

5c64847f97749_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.2b053fde62c1d39bfed7d1a3e3af110b.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

IMG_4897.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Ok I think  talking about the first specimen but it is really hard to be 100% when photos are not the best.  It looks to have painted feet and not the best prepped. I think when you get it better picture will help. The second one is pretty nice indeed. Sorry can’t help any more than that. Cheers Bobby 

• I found this Informative 4

A bunch of the ribs look painted as well, I'd also like to see what the experts have to say.

• I found this Informative 2

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Closer pictures with with better lighting would help to tell what it is.

• I found this Informative 2

This does indeed look poorly prepped, and largely painted over. 

sReverseb.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.3d4ee51ccca4a554675120326ed3b71f.jpg 

The item Bobby is asking about could be excess paint, coprolite, or bones of a meal or evidence of live young still in the womb. 

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

32 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

The item Bobby is asking about could be excess paint, coprolite, or bones of a meal or evidence of live young still in the womb. 

Thanks Tim it is always in the same place. So I don’t think is paint but possibly coprolite or live young in the womb. Same on mine but not clear

592C34C9-FCE7-41D7-B630-DE4634BE7EB3.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Don't think there is a whole lot of paint on these. Interestingly, both have the lower half of their tails missing and carved out of matrix. I think if there was paint on these specimens, they would have painted the carved portions of the tail. You would need to remove more matrix between the ribs to tell what the black material is. As already mentioned, poorly prepped with acid.

• I found this Informative 5

3 minutes ago, steelhead9 said:

Don't think there is a whole lot of paint on these. Interestingly, both have the lower half of their tails missing and carved out of matrix. I think if there was paint on these specimens, they would have painted the carved portions of the tail. You would need to remove more matrix between the ribs to tell what the black material is. As already mentioned, poorly prepped with acid.

They don't just paint what they have carved out. But better pictures could determine more.

• I found this Informative 1

Is the contorted creature's head not between the red lines I added below, as opposed to the previously cited green marks? I think I am seeing the end of its snoot at the upper red line.

khead.jpg.166fe9ab11630c2a5929053ae6b9c085.jpg

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Both are genuine specimens of Keichousaurus, acid prepped.  I don't think the first specimen is painted. The second specimen is incomplete with tail missing but otherwise a quite good one.

The black patches in the stomach are remains of food, bones or coprolites but unlikely to be embryos.

For the first specimen, the head is buried under the neck and shoulder, as described by @snolly50, I have seen many specimens with twisted neck and head, perhaps because Keichousaurus has a long and flexible neck, like the one below.

IMG_8192~2.jpg

5 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Is the contorted creature's head not between the red lines I added below, as opposed to the previously cited green marks? I think I am seeing the end of its snoot at the upper red line.

Quite correct sir!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On ‎14‎.‎02‎.‎2019 at 1:31 AM, Crazyhen said:

Both are genuine specimens of Keichousaurus, acid prepped.  I don't think the first specimen is painted. The second specimen is incomplete with tail missing but otherwise a quite good one.

The black patches in the stomach are remains of food, bones or coprolites but unlikely to be embryos.

For the first specimen, the head is buried under the neck and shoulder, as described by @snolly50, I have seen many specimens with twisted neck and head, perhaps because Keichousaurus has a long and flexible neck, like the one below.

IMG_8192~2.jpg

I agree with that analysis.

• I found this Informative 1

On 13/02/2019 at 10:17 PM, snolly50 said:

I agree