We completed our first trade on the fossil forum recently and it was awesome. We got a great fossil and a cool new friend. I am putting up one of my Stethacanthus altonensis teeth because I want to bulk up our shark education program just a bit. It is really the only tooth we could trade that has much appeal.  Here are the details on the teeth we have to offer. I actually think this one of our anvil shark teeth. This one is smaller but has the tip intact.

The details

Stethacanthus altonesis

Delaware Creek Member-Caney Shale Formation

Mississippian-Meremacian

Pontotoc County, Oklahoma

We can also offer some trade filler too but none of it rare or anything. PM if you want pictures of these teeth.

2 Isurus planus teeth from Sharktooth Hill Miocene

1 Ptychodus whippeli from Texas. i have no other information about the tooth.

1 Cretaceous Shark indet tooth from New Jersey ( I think). Scapnorhynchus was the leading opinion when it put it on the TFF for ID. It was not a unanimous opinion though. 

We are looking for specific things to fill in our education presentation about sharks.

Astercanthus teeth and spine. Any Hybodont shark would work but in a perfect world we find an Astercanthus sp.

Caseodus tooth

Campodus tooth

Cardabiodon tooth

Feel free to say hello if you are interested. In pic 3, the trade tooth is on the right.

20190214_094131-1.jpg

20190214_094205-1.jpg

20190214_094242.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Ha! Well unfortunate for me I guess. I had sent you some STH teeth prior to your post about Jessie's offering.

You will likely have it today or tomorrow. 

Oh well!

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Would you take any other species for the Stethacanthus tooth?

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

7 hours ago, caldigger said:

Ha! Well unfortunate for me I guess. I had sent you some STH teeth prior to your post about Jessie's offering.

You will likely have it today or tomorrow. 

Oh well!

The planus teeth in this trade are not what Jesse sent. I got your package today. I was not expected the extra teeth. There are some cool teeth in there. Thank you. I love the half Hastalis tooth. I am putting under the micro eye at work tomorrow. The kids are going to love seeing the inside of a tooth !!

7 hours ago, indominus rex said:

Would you take any other species for the Stethacanthus tooth?

I would listen to other offers but I am not sure I will deviate from the list. I am trying to bolster an education program we do but I can not rule out something else catching my eye though !

This tooth is no longer available. The tip broke while photographing it so I will just keep it. It is pretty useless as a trade piece now.