Otodus vertebrae cluster done

rebu

After a month of needle work, finally finished. This cluster is 65x30cm and I love it, lots of work but I just enjoyed it so much that I am sad it is finished :) Nothing to work on now :( This was my first work on a fossil and even though quite scary, very rewarding. I am definitely not stopping here. Besides 29pc of shark vertebrae I managed to expose many other fish vertebrae and bone fragments but the highlit must be an Enchodus tooth. Thank you all for your advise and helpful info on this project.

20190215_163129.jpg

20190215_162828.jpg

20190215_162847.jpg

20190210_113522.jpg

• I found this Informative 16

Terrific job.:)

That is a great bit of prepping, a beautiful fossil and the tooth is a wonderful bonus. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

4 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Terrific job.:)

That is a great bit of prepping, a beautiful fossil and the tooth is a wonderful bonus. 

Thank you so much! Glad you like it I was little bit nervous putting it here between all the amazing work you guys post here.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Beautiful job, looks stunning. Congratulations 

Thank you, not one of your impressive stands but I think looks ok like that. The weight of this thing was a challenge for a stand :)

30 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Absolutely stunning. What a piece!

The matrix could even reveal more!!! :) 

Regards.

Thanks, yes I am sure there is more to be exposed here. I was just worried if I carry on I might end up with bag of bones :)

ive seen quite a few chunks of this moroccan material in years past and now seeing this one and how cool it is,,,,,,now I want one!   Nice job man.

RB

11 minutes ago, RJB said:

ive seen quite a few chunks of this moroccan material in years past and now seeing this one and how cool it is,,,,,,now I want one!   Nice job man.

RB

Thank you so much. First time I saw it I was hesitant about taking it but now I am very happy that I did.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ynot said:

That came out really great!:yay-smiley-1:

Thank you :) I am very happy with it, displays well 

3 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I missed out on this earlier. Great job! Excellent piece for the collection!!

Thank you, my first needle work :) loved working on it, can't wait to get more...

Looks really good!   Now all you need is more fossil stuff to work on.  Im purty sure you now have 'FPI' !!!   Fossil Preparator Itus.   :)

RB

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

Do you have the "before" shot of this piece?

I had some low quality photos, I will check if I still have some on my laptop.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Looks really good!   Now all you need is more fossil stuff to work on.  Im purty sure you now have 'FPI' !!!   Fossil Preparator Itus.   :)

RB

Thanks, yes I am sure that's exactly what I have I just wasn't sure what you call it :) I am already looking for my next project but it's not easy over here. My friend is going to Morocco in April again and I have placed an order already. It's going to be a long wait though. 

This looks fantastic.  Can you post a "before prep" photo, so we can get an idea of how much work you put into this?

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold