Fossil Guide in Dallas area??

wschwager

Is anyone willing to either give me a good spot or take me on a guide (I will pay) for my 7 year old? She is bullied alot by our neighborhood adults so I need to get her away. She is obsessed with dinosaurs and such and I know there are no dinosaur, just crustacious (idk if I spelled that right) but the ocean stuff.) 

Someone please help me with somewhere. I know mineral wells has a lot of cool things but we are going to Lewisville to deliver Girl Scout cookies and that is 1h 45 min away. Was hoping for something closer.

Anyone? PLEASE help me make my child happy! The pic I attached is from today because she wasnt allowed (or other adults) to play with the kids. I'm *hoping* a few semi nice fossils will make her happy.

20190215_235524.jpg

How sad. I'm currently out of the country but I would be glad to pm you a couple of easy access public spots you could take her. Hopefully some of my local hunter friends in the DFW area will chime in. I would be glad to send her a cool mosasaur vert when i get home if you like?

• I found this Informative 1

Excuse me, but she gets Bullied a lot by the "ADULTS" in your neighborhood? What is up, with that?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

11 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Excuse me, but she gets Bullied a lot by the "ADULTS" in your neighborhood? What is up, with that?

Yeah I missed the adults part. Something can surely be done about that. 

Adults should know that kids are out of bounds., Lake Benbrook Spillway, Jacksboro, Post Oak Creek, Rayzor Ranch.

• I found this Informative 4

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

On 16/02/2019 at 6:57 AM, wschwager said:

She is bullied alot by our neighborhood adults

That's despicable :( I wish I could help, but I don't really know about fossil sites in Texas...

I hope you do manage to find a good fossil site, I'm sure that'll make her happy.

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

When I research for fossils sites in Texas for my son.  I found this website.  http://www.rockhoundtimes.com/collecting-site-guides.html

Roll down and you will find Texas.  I did Meridian road cut when I drove from Austin to Mineral Wells Fossils Park.  I am sure members who live in Texas will be able to help more.

You should do something about the bullies.  A short trip won't solve the problem.

• I found this Informative 1