Help with identifying bone fragment

MicroTooth

Hello - I wouldn't normally post a fragment of a bone seeking help with identification given how difficult it can be to determine the specific animal with just a photo of a piece; however, I found this piece awhile back and was going through my phone looking at other pictures and realized I never posted my question. The pattern on the bone is what makes me think someone with much more knowledge about the fauna that can be found in that area might be able to make a positive identification. If not, no big deal but figured it was worth an ask. This was found amonst the rocks along the beach at Purse State Park in Maryland.

Thanks in advance for the help. I only have this pic on my phone so if more angles are needed just post that as a response and I can fire up the Canon, pun intended, and take a few more shots this weekend.

Pic for upload.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses - That was my initial thought - a piece of the ventral plastron or something from the under side of the turtle's shell. Given that I am by no means an expert, I figured I would poll those with much more experience than me.

I agree with turtle

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason