Pterygotus

Hello everyone. I saw this sinovenator changii skeleton for sale but I heard fakes of these are mass produced. Is it real? (As far as I know this is legal as it’s on an American website I think)

A24C2198-5FD7-4DA2-8815-02E1A535B766.jpeg

indominus rex

This same specimen was posted on a different thread before on TFF. And yes it is most likely a composite. But I think we can get even more insight from our expert who has returned @Troodon:)

Pterygotus
2 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

This same specimen was posted on a different thread before on TFF. And yes it is most likely a composite. But I think we can get even more insight from our expert who has returned @Troodon:)

Does it show clues of it being a composite or is it because species has no complete specimens

gigantoraptor
Just now, Pterygotus said:

Does it show clues of it being a composite or is it because species has no complete specimens

The some bones seem to be completely prepped (not just from above). I indeed found a topic about this one like Indominus rex said, you can see it here. 

indominus rex

And the bone’s colours seem rather different at moments. And complete fossils like this are rarely articulated in matrix like that specimen. Too many problems with the specimen.

Fossildude19

Not to mention, if it were real, it would be HIGHLY ILLEGAL to export this, or to purchase it.

indominus rex
Just now, Fossildude19 said:

Not to mention, if it were real, it would be HIGHLY ILLEGAL to export this, or to purchase it.

For sure. You could get thrown in prison for it.

Troodon

Here is a real skull compare the detail of the two.  For all the reasons mentioned stay away from it. Screenshot_20190217-050834.thumb.jpg.6ccb73017306d476d02e122c0edc2955.jpg

gigantoraptor
4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

3 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

For sure. You could get thrown in prison for it.

In China, you can get the death penalty for smuggling fossils like this outside the country.

Pterygotus
4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Even if it was from an old collection?

Troodon
4 minutes ago, Pterygotus said:

Even if it was from an old collection?

If its already outside of China and documents exits that support its export prior to the ban should be good to go.  Still a piece of junk.

Pemphix
On ‎17‎.‎02‎.‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Troodon said:

If its already outside of China and documents exits that support its export prior to the ban should be good to go.  Still a piece of junk.

Exact - a highly problematic piece...i would stay away.