Tarbosaurus bataar toe

Pterygotus

This seller was at the Tucson show with this digit..  If I remember correctly its composite digit, might be wrong, but definitely Tarbosaurus.   This specimen was obtained over 5 years ago when Mongolian material was being sold by everyone.   

• I found this Informative 3

Just now, Troodon said:

This seller was at the Tucson show with this digit..  If I remember correctly its composite digit, might be wrong, but definitely Tarbosaurus.   This specimen was obtained over 5 years ago when Mongolian material was being sold by everyone.   

Does that mean it’s legal?

1 hour ago, Pterygotus said:

Does that mean it’s legal?

Well Fix said it correctly its subject to legal action but the vendor indicated that it was properly imported into this country and has exceeded the statute of limitation for the US government to take action so he's comfortable selling it.  There is a legal precedent from a case concluded last year that supports his comments.

I would not touch it lots of other good fossils around.  Guess the mongolian government could go after it but thats highly unlikely because of what it is.

• I found this Informative 6

Agreed. I'd stay away. 

Seller can claim it is legal all he wants, but export of fossils from Mongolia is illegal, and knowing that, I would be concerned about the ethics of the thing.   :( 

It's not worth supporting or encouraging illegal export and sales by purchasing this, in my opinion.  :shakehead: 

Sometimes, it is better to look at the bigger picture, and take it into account. 

A government may not come after it, but then, again, they may. 

Just knowing that it is NOW illegal is enough to sway my feelings on the subject. 

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

8 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Agreed. I'd stay away. 

Seller can claim it is legal all he wants, but export of fossils from Mongolia is illegal, and knowing that, I would be concerned about the ethics of the thing.   :( 

It's not worth supporting or encouraging illegal export and sales by purchasing this, in my opinion.  :shakehead: 

Sometimes, it is better to look at the bigger picture, and take it into account. 

A government may not come after it, but then, again, they may. 

Just knowing that it is NOW illegal is enough to sway my feelings on the subject. 

I fully agree to that..stay away...