My collection (Morocco)

pochoclo666

On 2/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, rebu said:

Very nice collection, Thanks for sharing.

Thanks ! It took me a long time to collect them

On 2/21/2019 at 8:00 AM, Phevo said:

Muy lindo colección, gracias para compartir con nosotros

Muchas gracias !!! Que lindo encontrar alguien que me hable en español jajaja

• I found this Informative 1

Anyway, you should record the exact locations of the fossils you found, and keep the info with them. It's easy to forget if you keep it in your head only. Also get a look at a geologic map and pinpoint your locations, and write down the age of the rock and the name of the formation if you can figure that out. Write it down on labels and keep them with your fossils. The accurate location is the most important datum, because everything else can be figured out from that.

Good! The main thing is you have the accurate localities recorded. Not just the nearest town or area of a province - If your fossils should even be of use to scientists, they might want to know the exact spot, and which layer of rock, if possible. This may not ever happen, with the laws as they are in your country, but things could change in the future. (Don't post the exact locations here on the Forum, just keep the info with the fossils! Members are not expected to divulge their collecting spots to the world. ;) )

I don't know if there is anyone here who can help you narrow down the possible genus/species names for your self-found fossils, but it's possible, if there are any papers online dealing with fossils from the same locations, but I'm not good at finding them.

• Fossildude19 changed the title to My collection (Morocco)

Nice collection.:)

Glad you got some pieces in Morocco!

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png