Charcarodontosaurus or not?

ZackV

I’ve had this tooth for a few years, and it was sold to me as Carcharodontosaurus. Recently I’ve been doubting that because it isn’t as triangular as other Carcharodontosaurus teeth I’ve seen. I was wondering if anyone thinks it might still be a Carcharodontosaurus tooth, or something else. I’ll post some pictures 

First there are multiple Carcharodontosaurids in the Kem Kem beds and there is no way to distinguish between these species.   I don't believe you tooth is a Carcharodontosaurid but some other indeterminate Theropod.  All Theropod in the Kem Kem are difficult to assign to a genus best we can do on some is family unfortunately not this one. 

The other Carcharodontosaurid is Sauroniops.

Edit: Anterior Carcharodontosaurid teeth can be oval and not the classic shape you are familiar with

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, ZackV said:

Thanks for your reply. Well now I just have to figure out what to label it as...

What I tell everyone with teeth like this "Theropod indet."

Hopefully some day we might have an answer with new discoveries.  Until then like most teeth from the Kem Kem we sit and wait.  It's okay not to have a genus or species name to a tooth more common than you think when it comes to non north americanTheropods.