Petrified Wood Arizona Ranch

Twinlukers

Well hello everyone it’s been a while for me as it’s been a rough couple of months Traveling to be with my late Sister who battled to the end with Pancreatic Cancer. So I crossed off three of her bucket list adventures she wanted to do in our return trip to Texas. She wanted to find a Sharks Tooth, a snail ( Gastropoda) and dig for Crystals. 

Well as as I said we just got back from a two week stay on the west coast and the weather was not very good to us. But our first stop we had arranged to dig for Petrified Wood on the Dobell Ranch. Well when we got their to our surprise nobody was around and everything was closed up. So I called to ask what happened and the owner was very sorry as the Tucson Fossil and Minerals Show was in action and she had to delivery a tree they dugout a week ago and forgot about us. Well long story short she said no worries just go and start looking!!! So guess what we did!!

i was looking for smaller pieces for my jewelry making and I found about 25 pounds of nice material. I also found some Rainbow petrified wood which made the trip worth it!! 

Pictures to follow as I have to crop them and cleanup the pictures to fit and download 

• I found this Informative 1

Sorry to hear about your sister. At least she got to find those fossils.

Is that Triassic Chinle Fm stuff? Very nice.

Here are more pictures as I had to downsize them.  Our biggest piece is a nice 70 pounder for the yard! But we found some very nice specimens for indoor displays..

FAE04CF0-85C3-4B62-9197-9B4CCE54DA51.jpeg

FA07BF9B-9191-4778-A851-4DE4BE5D2A22.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

First, sorry for your loss--that has to be difficult. I'm glad you found some solace in completing some bucket list items in her place.

Sounds like Rhonda DoBell did right by you to make up for her being away when you arrived. I'm glad to hear that. The DoBell Ranch was not even on my radar screen till you posted this. Took me a bit of time searching around till I found their official website:

https://azpetrifiedwood.com/

From the other search results I found online while digging up their website, I see nothing but great reviews for this place. This place is definitely on my list now. This might have to be a roadtrip though--since even with 4 free suitcases from Southwest Airlines, I think I'd not be able to control myself and I'd be a pet wood glutton. I could keep my rock tumbler busy for a year with this beautiful wood. Might be just the thing to push me over the edge into taking that first tentative step on the slippery slope of buying all sorts of lapidary equipment and churning our cabochons for everybody I know. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

28 minutes ago, Twinlukers said:

Here are more pictures as I had to downsize them.  Our biggest piece is a nice 70 pounder for the yard! But we found some very nice specimens for indoor displays..

Wow, those are some really beautiful specimens!

Sorry to hear of Your loss.

At least You got to do a good trip first.

Nice Chinle "picture" wood!

Looking forward to the rest of Your finds from this trip.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

48 minutes ago, digit said:

First, sorry for your loss--that has to be difficult. I'm glad you found some solace in completing some bucket list items in her place.

Sounds like Rhonda DoBell did right by you to make up for her being away when you arrived. I'm glad to hear that. The DoBell Ranch was not even on my radar screen till you posted this. Took me a bit of time searching around till I found their official website:

https://azpetrifiedwood.com/

From the other search results I found online while digging up their website, I see nothing but great reviews for this place. This place is definitely on my list now. This might have to be a roadtrip though--since even with 4 free suitcases from Southwest Airlines, I think I'd not be able to control myself and I'd be a pet wood glutton. I could keep my rock tumbler busy for a year with this beautiful wood. Might be just the thing to push me over the edge into taking that first tentative step on the slippery slope of buying all sorts of lapidary equipment and churning our cabochons for everybody I know. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Yes!! She was very nice in the phone!! My intentions were to just get smaller pieces for cabochons and pendant making but it’s such a beautiful piece of wood we just had to get some for our schools we donate to. The science teachers love giving kids pieces and explaining the Fossil process.  Thanks for your comment about my sister. She would of loved this place..

I am sorry for your loss. :( 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Sorry for your loss. So touching that you got do some bucket list items for her.

Love the photos and looking forward to more.