Trilobite Comura

digsrocks73

Always wanted a Comura but the prices are out of my budget so thought I'd try making one. Not as good as real but didn't have to sell my first born into slavery to make it.

Its a Comura bultynici  from the early Devonian.I added a photo of a real one. What a beauty would love to own one.  .

REP 1.JPG

REP 2.JPG

REP 3.JPG

800px-Comura_bultyncki,_Early_Devonian,_TazoulaOt_Formation,_Jbel_OufatEne,_MaOder_Region,_Morocco_-_Houston_Museum_of_Natural_Science_-_DSC01594.bmp

MVC-130S.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, digsrocks73 said:

Always wanted a Comura but the prices are out of my budget so thought I'd try making one. Not as good as real but didn't have to sell my first born into slavery to make it.

Nice. Good idea to keep the first born--I've heard they are good for shoveling snow and taking out the garbage. :P

Great replica. Tell us how you created it. Photos during the process if you have them.

Cheers.

-Ken

Did it last yr. never thought  of pics. I just put a glob of clay on a matrix and used small sculpting tools to carve out details. Small schringe full of clay for spines. Baked it and painted it, that's about it. Spines arn't long enough but have to live with it.

First born is 55 so wouldn't get much shoveling out of him. lol.

This is an excellent replica, and your attention to detail is superb! Just don't give into the temptation to join the dark side of the fakes market! :D 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

16 hours ago, Kane said:

This is an excellent replica, and your attention to detail is superb! Just don't give into the temptation to join the dark side of the fakes market! :D 

Wouldn't even consider it.