Rowboater

Got up early on a cold cloudy morning trying to hit low tide (about 15 minutes late).  There was a lot of sand covering stuff as usual with an east wind, but I could walk around at the shell line and quickly picked up three shrimp coprolite burrows (generally what I find are two inch long cylinders, but I have been worried about bias  in my hunting, and have found two wider, shorter pieces (rods look the same?) and several broken ends from cylinders/ burrows.  One of the darker pieces @Carl  @GeschWhatis from my last trip, many of the others may have been posted, I just jumble them together to dry (have 25-30 total now; get zero to four per trip). Some of the smaller pieces seem to be concretions @Plax rather than coprolites (more variability in the structures than the rods).  The tide came in quick and despite a lot of material on the beach, everything I found was in the wash. 

Also found a small jaw piece with three circular holes of slightly different size.  And the usual sand tiger shark spikes, some more colorful than usual.  

022319.thumb.jpg.bdd7f1dd288a0e8bdc69a6328ab9be64.jpg022319-2.thumb.jpg.9ac2fb82072c6939807e0d216b1ccd1e.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

• 3 weeks later...