Interesting little tooth below with some nice detail. I think I can spot serrations in one of his pics unless my eyes are playing tricks! Unfortunately seller hasn't provided pics of the base of the tooth.

The seller titled it as a juvenile spinosaur tooth (and in the description is suchomimus) and they mention that it's from Kem Kem however Suchomimus isn't described from Morocco but rather Niger. Some confusing location info from the seller and is perhaps a mix up by the seller which I see happen so often.

Suchomimus tenerensis

From the Cretaceous Albian / Cenomanian, Tegana Formation.
Collected from Hamada  gu Guir, Kem Kem Basin, Morocco.

Sellers says that they have described this as a juvenile as there is very little wear on the tooth and would have been from the front of the mouth due to the curved shape.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!

index.thumb.jpg.afc9a90196a494653654d30386a6fccb.jpg

index2.jpg

index3.jpg

index4.jpg

index5.jpg

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

I know very little about Dino teeth, but I really like the coloration on this tooth. It does appear to have serrations, I don't think your eyes are playing tricks on you. But they don't look very pronounced.

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

6 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I know very little about Dino teeth, but I really like the coloration on this tooth. It does appear to have serrations, I don't think your eyes are playing tricks on you. But they don't look very pronounced.

Yes me too! Not sure what the correct ID would be but a cool looking tooth with serrations, I haven't see many recently with them 

Hey Jai, yeah I've seen this tooth and left with more questions than answers. I've never seen a spino tooth like that before, I would say there's definitely serration's present but the curvature and colouration looks a little different from traditional Spinosauridae teeth I'm used to seeing. I'm interested in seeing what everyone else has to say :)

6 minutes ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Hey Jai, yeah I've seen this tooth and left with more questions than answers. I've never seen a spino tooth like that before, I would say there's definitely serration's present but the curvature and colouration looks a little different from traditional Spinosauridae teeth I'm used to seeing. I'm interested in seeing what everyone else has to say :)

Hey :) I do agree though I have been left with more questions and it is quite different than ones typically seen which is why I posted the topic. Would be interesting to see what others experienced with teeth like this think about this tooth.

I’m fairly certain it is a croc tooth. Serrstions so fine are not a distinguishing characteristics - many crocodiles, mosasaurs, even Spinosaurus have them depending on the preservation of the specimen. But that labio-lingual curvature is atypical of spinosaurs. It could be an anterior Hamadasuchus or more likely  Elosuchus. However, not much is described so Crocodyliformes indet. is the best bet.

• I found this Informative 5

The Tooth Fairy

43 minutes ago, Anomotodon said:

I’m fairly certain it is a croc tooth. Serrstions so fine are not a distinguishing characteristics - many crocodiles, mosasaurs, even Spinosaurus have them depending on the preservation of the specimen. But that labio-lingual curvature is atypical of spinosaurs. It could be an anterior Hamadasuchus or more likely  Elosuchus. However, not much is described so Crocodyliformes indet. is the best bet.

Agreed, I think croc.

6 hours ago, Anomotodon said:

Serrations on Spinosaurid teeth actually seem to be indicative of family. Baryonyx and other Baryonychinae have very fine serrations on their teeth. Serrations are completely unknown in Spinosaurinae.

Spinosaurid teeth with serrations are thus far unknown from the Kem Kem beds.

This tooth however looks too stubby with a rather fat base for Spinosaurid. So I think this is croc.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

FYI one of my practices that I've been doing at the Tucson show for the past two years is looking for serrations on Spinosaurid teeth.  Great place to do so since there are hundreds of teeth, of all sizes, to examine.    This year was no different than last and nothing new and exciting to report.  So unless some new surprise discoveries are made the hope that Baryonychinae are present in this fauna is unlikely.  

• I found this Informative 3

It seems to be a croc tooth, but it's a really nice one, rather beautiful. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

4 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

It seems to be a croc tooth, but it's a really nice one, rather beautiful. :)

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the tooth!