Good Walliserops trifurcatus?

Raulsaurus

Hello!
I would like to know if you think that this trilobite is a good piece.
The seller assures me that it is 100% natural, without restorations and with all the real spines.
What do you think?

This walliserops is from Foum Zguid
I can get more photos or videos.
Thank you.
I hope your help.

D355A12B-5069-4E34-ABC2-9F2807DDF8AB.jpeg

904240C0-91B8-4C90-B2D2-89CAA638D460.jpeg

70F1C512-0BA2-4229-8A61-058E34EC4DAC.jpeg

9F27C760-BB33-4794-AFB3-69ED0A176FDD.jpeg

88D61E7E-9942-4131-BFA8-227EA6753A9E.jpeg

4912E433-22C9-49A1-A604-14115BBF85A9.jpeg

A0A7C133-A64B-441D-85A6-D71FEF696545.jpeg

B204A6CE-6080-41A8-A6B2-C5E19508D887.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

While I don't see anything glaring, the likelihood of prepping the trident free-floating with no need for repairs is very low. Furthermore, in the last picture, you can clearly see a large crack that was probably repaired. That in and of itself isn't a problem, but if the seller said there were no repairs of any kind, I would be cautious.

• I found this Informative 1

Very nice example, IMO

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It for sure has been glued back at some parts like some of the spines. But I do believe this specimen is authentic, really nice Walliserops.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

9 hours ago, connorp said:

While I don't see anything glaring, the likelihood of prepping the trident free-floating with no need for repairs is very low. Furthermore, in the last picture, you can clearly see a large crack that was probably repaired. That in and of itself isn't a problem, but if the seller said there were no repairs of any kind, I would be cautious.

Or course the seller repair the cracks because all trilobites like that has cracks. But he told me that only glued the cracks.

19 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Very nice example, IMO

Thank you so much! I hope it is authentic and not restored...

Definitely looks real with the original split glued back together and some of the spines glued back on. One method of prepping is to break off the spines and trident  prep the main bug and then glue the prepped trident and spines back on. Does not appear to be over blasted as some are. There are better ones out there but there is nothing wrong or alarming about this one. 

1 hour ago, Malcolmt said:

Definitely looks real with the original split glued back together and some of the spines glued back on. One method of prepping is to break off the spines and trident  prep the main bug and then glue the prepped trident and spines back on. Does not appear to be over blasted as some are. There are better ones out there but there is nothing wrong or alarming about this one. 

Thank you so much. So for you the spinies are reals? Of course there are better ones... I like the brown color.

Yes the spines look real. Some are definately glued back. Having prepped a number of spiney moroccan trilos there is a lot of labour in these. 100 hours is not unusual for a decent one

1 hour ago, Malcolmt said:

Yes the spines look real. Some are definately glued back. Having prepped a number of spiney moroccan trilos there is a lot of labour in these. 100 hours is not unusual for a decent one

Thank you. I see that you understand a lot about trilobites. Do you think this trilobite is restored? The color is natural? Finally in another forum I had commented that the fork has been modified to put it in flying position. Do you think it has been modified? For you is a good quality piece? Thank you so much. I appreciate a lot experts comments.

The fork has been glued back on but this is very typical for these. The fork may not even be from the same trilo as the main body. There is a possibility that the fork is a cast but you would need a scope to explore that possibility. It is not heavily restored. It has been touched up and glued. It may have had some color added to hide small defects but it is essential the real trilobite color. This is not a museum quality specimen but it is one that is not a crude one either. I would put it in the middle of the pack for this trilobite

8 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

The fork has been glued back on but this is very typical for these. The fork may not even be from the same trilo as the main body. There is a possibility that the fork is a cast but you would need a scope to explore that possibility. It is not heavily restored. It has been touched up and glued. It may have had some color added to hide small defects but it is essential the real trilobite color. This is not a museum quality specimen but it is one that is not a crude one either. I would put it in the middle of the pack for this trilobite

Thank you. I suppose the museum pieces will be hard to find and also expensive. I'm satisfied that the trilobite is of good quality.
If you need a photo of a specific part or video, I can upload them without problems.
Again, I thank you for your enormous help.