A little of my son's art work

fossilsonwheels

We had a few requests to see some of the art work my 17 year old son Carter is creating for our education programs. Due to the fact that I am a dad first and he is still a senior in high school, we will not have a lot of finished art before summer. I do not let him spend much time on this stuff yet. He was okay with me posting a few early versions of the sharks we are covering. Educating kids and getting fossils into their hands was not the only reason we started this. He wants to be an artist and I support that. I am paying him for his work and he has a title, scientific illustrator. He has his first professional gig as an artist. We do not talk about this often as I am protective of my kids but Carter has had some struggles with his health. Art is not only his passion but it is important as a vehicle for self expression for him that helps keep him in a positive mental place.

To the art...

An early version of an Orthacanthus shark. I love where he is headed with this and though you can not see it in the picture, he nailed the teeth which is always his goal as that is what the kids see. I can not wait to see the finished product.

I also included an Armadillo that he did last year for a school project. The picture does not do it justice at all. It is really quite good and he turned down a couple of offers to sell this one from an art show it was in.

I will update his progress. By fall, we have some seriously good art to pair with the fossils and science. The future is bright I would say :)

20190215_201048.jpg

20190210_110126.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

very nice

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Impressive! Thanks for showing them; I have a jealous respect for folks who can create good artwork.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm glad he's following his passion. He surely has the talent. Good work. Both of you.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, Ludwigia said:

Very good work!

I will pass that on to him ! Thank you

On 2/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, Pagurus said:

I'm glad he's following his passion. He surely has the talent. Good work. Both of you.

Thank you very much. He is a talented young man

13 hours ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Talented guy, tell him to keep up the great work :)

Thank you. I will pass that on to him :)