Fossil tour guide?

TimG.

Hi there! my name is Tim George. I am fairly new to the fossil hunting hobby and was wondering if anyone knew someone who could perhaps take me and my dad on a fossil hunting trip. I am looking for people who do tours of either the Calvert formation,Aquia formation, or the Nanjemoy formation. 

Thank you.

• I found this Informative 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Fossil tour guide?

Hi TimG.

Welcome to the forum. I've never hunted the Calvert/Aquia/Nanjemoy formations, but I am planning to go there for my first time in June. Hopefully one of the other forum members can help you. Good luck.

Hi guys shoot over facebook look up CHAPTours Chesapeake Heritage and Paleontology Tours  or go to chaptours.org I work for them and Paul Murdoch the owner is fantastic we both volunteer at the Calvert Marine Museum and can take you out and give you advice pointers and show you Calvert Cliffs

• I found this Informative 3

I have heard good things about CHAPtours although I’ve never utilized their services. I would consider them. If you need any tips or pointers, don’t hesitate to send me a PM. I’d offer to guide you, but I have a busy schedule around now (and I’m not sure I’m quite experienced enough). If you have a date in mind and you want a questionably knowledgeable 16 year old guide though, I’ll certainly check if I am available:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hello, Tim, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco! :)

Jolly good luck to you. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim, I would definitely check out Bayfront park it is far better collecting than Further south at Flag ponds . You don’t need a guide and there’s no beach charge this time a year. Just bring waders and hunt during low tide. Good luck hunting 

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, paxhunter said:

Hi guys shoot over facebook look up CHAPTours Chesapeake Heritage and Paleontology Tours  or go to chaptours.org I work for them and Paul Murdoch the owner is fantastic we both volunteer at the Calvert Marine Museum and can take you out and give you advice pointers and show you Calvert Cliffs

I did a tour with Paul. I had a good time  and learned a lot. Went home with a couple small teeth and some shells.

If you are looking for boat tours Mid-Atlantic Fossil and Nature Adventures visit most of the deposits that you show interest with.  @SailingAlongToo is one of the boat captains.

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain