Could this be a mammoth tooth fossil??

Unai

Hey, i found this rock in the river, cost of north spain. Theh found some cuaternarian sable teeth and rhino teeth near here, could this be a mamooth tooth??

20190223_154855-min.jpg

20190223_154806-min.jpg

20190223_154752-min.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I was about to say no, but after looking at a few online, the horizontal lines have me second guessing myself - it might be. Others with more experience will chime in soon. 

As I look at an enlarged version of your photo, it "seems" like a mammoth tooth with alternating bands of bluish enamel and tan dentine. But I do not feel good about the shape..

PossibleMammothTooth.JPG.5b25448ef43abeec27e108cffda4890a.JPG

If other respondents feel is it NOT mammoth,  you might consider polishing the rock to bring out the area from my photo.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Am I foolish getting a cephalopod vibe or one of those funny ammonites that start out straight?

I suggest to carefully clean the thing at first.

From that fotos you can get a vague impression only - just judging from these fotos i would say intentionally shaped rock (since it looks "chalkish" and not somehow "bonish")...

It does look mammoth-ish, but since the horizontal lines are on both sides I would probably say it’s not mammoth. It still looks really cool though!