Carcharadontosaurus iguidensis tooth

Pterygotus

This is being sold as a carcharadontosaurus iguidensis tooth from niger. Am I correct when I say carcharadontosaurus iguidensis from niger was incredibly rare? Also the seller says that it is from Nigeria in the description but the certificate of authenticity states that it’s from niger. It looks just like a regular carcharadontosaurus saharicus tooth from Morocco but I may be wrong. Is this genuine?

It's a Carcharodontosaurid indet. tooth from the Kem Kem Beds. The preservation does not fit the teeth from Niger. C. iguidensis is a rare species for Your other question. 

• I found this Informative 2

Certificates of Authenticity mean NOTHING.  :( 

Do not base ANY purchase on COA's. 

I can print you up a Certificate of Authenticity saying it is aa Acrocanthosaurus Tooth from Texas, if you'd like. ;) 

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

@PterygotusJust an FYI Carcharodontosaurid teeth from Morocco (2 species) or Niger (1 species) are both Cenomanian in age so the morphology should be fairly consistent between them and difficult to assign based on that.  Preservation is different as gigantoraptor indicated but its best to rely on a trusted source to insure its correct.  Identification of teeth based on color is not a good practice.

Reminder that no theropod tooth from the Kem Kem can be assigned to a genus/species only to a family level despite what you see sold. 

• I found this Informative 2