Forcepsites michalskii. First Ever found Mating moths in Baltic amber history.With my name as founder.

My dear friends,

I'd like to show up a little.
As everyone know i am baltic amber inclusions maniac, lover and re-searcher.
At my begining i had dream about fining a holotype or seomething extremely rare.
With time and determination, we all can do big things, even if its very hard and even we are exhausted.

As in every market, here in Poland is very hard to find honest sellers of raw ambers who did not check material for inclusions.
To be honest -  i must keep fingers crossed if they miss something and i will find it. All the best things are gone at start ( amber fishers and diggers ).

But to the point - sometimes i am lucky and i;d like to show link to article about moths that i found in copulating / mating position.
Its is extremely rare becouse never in Baltic amber examinations history we didn't notice scene like that.

This is funny story. I know PD doctor Thilo Fisher from Germany and several times i was send moths to him.
In one of our friendly conversation he said something like this in joke: if you ar so good - find me copulating moths becouse it is impossible.

Now i know that everything is possible if determination is huge, passion is huge and if you never give up.

Here is the article - https://palaeo-electronica.org/content/2019/2421-mating-moths

I attached also picture but is not good - old equipment.

Enjoy,

Artur

PS - to every young collectors - never give up, dreams can come true.

2244 mating moths possibly.jpg

• I found this Informative 19

1 hour ago, vermiculosis said:

My dear friends,

I'd like to show up a little.
As everyone know i am baltic amber inclusions maniac, lover and re-searcher.
At my begining i had dream about fining a holotype or seomething extremely rare.
With time and determination, we all can do big things, even if its very hard and even we are exhausted.

As in every market, here in Poland is very hard to find honest sellers of raw ambers who did not check material for inclusions.
To be honest -  i must keep fingers crossed if they miss something and i will find it. All the best things are gone at start ( amber fishers and diggers ).

But to the point - sometimes i am lucky and i;d like to show link to article about moths that i found in copulating / mating position.
Its is extremely rare becouse never in Baltic amber examinations history we didn't notice scene like that.

This is funny story. I know PD doctor Thilo Fisher from Germany and several times i was send moths to him.
In one of our friendly conversation he said something like this in joke: if you ar so good - find me copulating moths becouse it is impossible.

Now i know that everything is possible if determination is huge, passion is huge and if you never give up.

Here is the article - https://palaeo-electronica.org/content/2019/2421-mating-moths

I attached also picture but is not good - old equipment.

Enjoy,

Artur

PS - to every young collectors - never give up, dreams can come true.

2244 mating moths possibly.jpg

:envy: What a find :) congrats!

34 minutes ago, vermiculosis said:

Dziękuję Kasia :)

You are welcome, I have recently started collecting amber fossils - and today got the first one from Poland at the Warsaw Mineral Expo :) 

Just now, Kasia said:

You are welcome, I have recently started collecting amber fossils - and today got the first one from Poland at the Warsaw Mineral Expo :) 

I know one seller who was there.
Well, if anytime you want see some inclusions... i think i can be right person. This is my life passion and i am trying to be the best.
passion is to weak word - obsession is better :D

• I found this Informative 1

7 minutes ago, vermiculosis said:

I know one seller who was there.
Well, if anytime you want see some inclusions... i think i can be right person. This is my life passion and i am trying to be the best.
passion is to weak word - obsession is better :D

Thank you - for sure I will, amber fossils are fascinating :)

Just now, Kasia said:

Thank you - for sure I will, amber fossils are fascinating :)

Definitely it is kind of gold-rush for me ;) Market is not easy and very specific but with determination you can find nice pieces.
Also - isnt our haritage ? :)

1 minute ago, vermiculosis said:

Definitely it is kind of gold-rush for me ;) Market is not easy and very specific but with determination you can find nice pieces.
Also - isnt our haritage ? :)

It is. Actually next weekend I plan to go to the sea coast to find some fossils - if I'm lucky maybe also some amber. Can you recommend some locations where I could try looking?

Its called Mierzeja Wiślana, close to Gdańsk city ( Danzig )
From Mikoszewo village to Jantar, Stegna, and after Sztutowo, Sobieszowo. If weather is optimal, there you can find nice ambers.
The best chance is in the night with UV ligths.

3 minutes ago, vermiculosis said:

Its called Mierzeja Wiślana, close to Gdańsk city ( Danzig )
From Mikoszewo village to Jantar, Stegna, and after Sztutowo, Sobieszowo. If weather is optimal, there you can find nice ambers.
The best chance is in the night with UV ligths.

Thanks a lot - I will for sure report if I find anything :)

Thank you for all congrats :)

well this is exactly a dream come true. As for amber maniac and inclusion re-searcher, collector.
No matter if no big moneys for that - my name in holotype it is just amazing thing. Something new after several hundred years of amber examinations...

Cheers !

Outstanding! Your perseverance is rewarded!
I suppose this holotype specimen is now in the care of a museum? If so, would you care to post the story in our Partners in Paleontology forum LINK ? We would like to recognize your work, and donation, with the Paleo Partner award. :)

• I found this Informative 2

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This story just goes to show that perseverence pays off in the end. And of course a good dosis of obsession can also be helpful :P Congratulations!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

On 3.03.2019 at 10:47 PM, Auspex said:

Outstanding! Your perseverance is rewarded!
I suppose this holotype specimen is now in the care of a museum? If so, would you care to post the story in our Partners in Paleontology forum LINK ? We would like to recognize your work, and donation, with the Paleo Partner award. :)

Thank you to everyone for great comments :)
Its is amazing feeling that we can do something for science.

Dear Auspex - i quote from article -
The amber specimen was found by and purchased from Artur Michalski (Wroclaw, Poland). It was preserved by treatment with an acryl varnish and is from the author’s (TF) collection with the collection number 7131. Storage occurred at constant temperature in plastic clip bags within metal boxes, excluding oxygen and light. It will be deposited at the Bayerische Paläontologische Staatssammlung München with the number SNSB-BSPG 2017 I 113

Artur :)

@vermiculosis

Artur, If you would like to post the story of your contribution to science in our Partners in Paleontology Gallery, LINK ,we would be pleased to add the award to your avatar.
We had a good discussion on how, sometimes, even a donation requires some compensation, particularly with spectacular and valuable specimens.
:)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 1 month later...