does anyone have any tips on finding scleidosaurus material from charmouth?

Pterygotus

Does anyone have any tips on finding scleidosaurus fossils at charmouth? Is there a special way of defining them from the other rocks? Also do they show up under a uv torch like the ammonites from there do?

I don't really think there is a way to be certain you'll find Scelidosaurus fossils. Charmouth has marine fossils with occasionaly remains of landanimals.  Scelidosaurus remains are incredibly rare. There are maybe a handfull decent finds in the 160 years since the genus was described.  If you want to find one, I wish you lots of luck, time and money and you'll probably don't get permission to take the find home since the Jurassic coast is an Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)  and thus you need permission to excavate big or important pieces.

• I found this Informative 4

4 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

I don't really think there is a way to be certainly you'll find Scelidosaurus fossils. Charmouth has marine fossils with occasionaly remains of landanimals.  Scelidosaurus remains are incredibly rare. There are maybe a handfull decent finds in the 160 years since the genus was described.  If you want to find one, I wish you lots of luck, time and money and you'll probably don't get permission to take the find home.

thank you

It is the most completely known dinosaur of the British Isles but the likelyhood of finding material is very rare. You're more likely to find remains of ichthyosaur, however every year it seems to be tougher to find remains as fossil hunters are here all year round. 

• I found this Informative 5