Unsure on find from hunt with daughter

Sara1613

Hi

hoping someone can help before my daughter takes these to school. We went fossil hunting by the river Severn in Aust England and found the pictured. I can see a fossil on the right (not sure what) but the larger area in the picture really looks to be something! It’s part hidden by the rock and has a slight sort of shine to it?! Could it be a fossil and could it be bone? 

Would be so grateful if someone could help thanks 

B04C60D3-F55E-4377-BC96-A9DAD1ACBC1F.jpeg

AD4ED986-DC14-4AB7-B634-A4451BCD93D0.jpeg

Looks like an imprint from a shell and possibly  a coral in the lower corner

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

A coral? And if you mean the biggest bit as an imprint, I can’t see how as the whole texture is different from the rest of the stone! It looked to be a brachiopod fossil to the middle right side of the picture to me! I will see if I can upload other pics

I'm also seeing mineralized shell at the top and an impression on the right, probably bivalve and perhaps brachiopod. No bone, though.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

It is hard to tell if it is a brachiopod or bivalve but it is a shell, leaning towards the former as it is symmetrical but I am unfamiliar with this locality and cannot say much more about it.

Interesting find nonetheless 

Thank u all! Was just surprised by the texture and shine of the bigger one as it’s different to anything I’ve found before 

15 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

I'm also seeing mineralized shell at the top and an impression on the right, probably bivalve and brachiopod. No bone, though.

Ludwigia sorry what’s a mineralised shell please 

@Sara1613 A shell where the original substance has been replaced by a mineral. With bivalves that is mostly calcite. Now that you've posted close-ups, there's no question in my mind that this is the underside of a bivalve shell.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

23 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

@Sara1613 A shell where the original substance has been replaced by a mineral. With bivalves that is mostly calcite. Now that you've posted close-ups, there's no question in my mind that this is the underside of a bivalve shell.

Ludwigia that’s fab that they helped thank u