10 members have voted

1. 1. Which find is your favorite?

• Isurus desori
    • Notorynchus primigenius
    • Cetacean Lumbar Vertebra
    • Hemipristis serra
    • Cetacean Atlas Vertebra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2019 at 06:00 PM

1. Isurus desori: Awesome Mako, just shy of two inches. One of my largest teeth from Bayfront Park. Found within 10 or 15 minutes of stepping foot on the beach.

2. Notorynchus primigenius: Very nice cow shark tooth. Small ding on the first cusp, but mostly complete and a decent size.

3. Cetacean Vertebra: My first whale vert! This lumbar vertebra was completely buried in the sand, with only the very top exposed.

4. Hemipristis serra: Really cool snaggletooth with nice colors and perfect serrations. Could be either an upper or lower, hard to tell. Most likely upper.

5. Cetacean Vertebra: Another whale vert! This one is an atlas vert, and like the first was found almost completely buried. Very much intact, maybe even museum quality.

Please cast your vote! The poll ends at 1:00 p.m. EST. Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out my YouTube video so you can see these fossils as they were found! The link to the video is in my most recent trip report, titled "Bayfront Park 03/02/19: First YouTube Video"

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2366.JPG

IMG_2364.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~