Fossil bone id

MrBones

I found a sawfish rostrum a while ago, and today I found this piece of bone, it was found in the same location. Abu Dhabi, UAE

The bone is slightly curved, I think it might be the filled canal of a sawfish rosstrum, but I might be wrong. I would like to hear from you guys.20190307_152050.thumb.jpg.135e7865a94242b33e09616067855a13.jpg

Don't know what the smaller pieces are but the one of the bottom of the first shot certainly looks like a fragment of sawfish rostrum. Nice.

Hi,

I think you are right. @MarcoSr

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

5 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

I think you are right. @MarcoSr

Coco

Your larger specimen is definitely a piece of sawfish rostrum.  The second smaller piece could well be a filled canal from a sawfish rostrum, but it is really difficult to say for sure from pictures.  I suggest you take both specimens to a museum in the UAE to get a professional id.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

7 hours ago, MarcoSr said:

Your larger specimen is definitely a piece of sawfish rostrum.  The second smaller piece could well be a filled canal from a sawfish rostrum, but it is really difficult to say for sure from pictures.  I suggest you take both specimens to a museum in the UAE to get a professional id.

Marco Sr.

Unfortunately we have very little museums here, most of them are cultural heratage museums. The people here know very liitle about any kinds of fossils.

I appreciate your responce.