Some shark teeth and more from Antwerp

belemniten

1 hour ago, xxxhalsteren said:

Would you not be angry that it's not complete ? It Always breaks my heart finding it incomplete.

Well sure it would be that much more if a plus to have it fully complete, but for what it is, it is a spectacular find.

You can't really be angry about it. What are you going to do, go back in time and punch the shark for dropping an incomplete tooth? :P

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Well sure it would be that much more if a plus to have it fully complete, but for what it is, it is a spectacular find.

I have plenty of them that are broken. If I can make you happy with it would You like to have one?

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

You can't really be angry about it. What are you going to do, go back in time and punch the shark for dropping an incomplete tooth? :P

*while punching the shark*

"You make sure to take better care of your teeth from now on, mister! I only want perfect symphyseals from here on out, the current batch haven't met my standards. And make sure you drop the teeth in someplace easy to find, but not so easy so that another hunter finds it"

2 hours ago, thebluecatapilla said:

*while punching the shark*

"You make sure to take better care of your teeth from now on, mister! I only want perfect symphyseals from here on out, the current batch haven't met my standards. And make sure you drop the teeth in someplace easy to find, but not so easy so that another hunter finds it"

There is also a pipeline through which the teeth go several miles with great force. The only thing you can do to make sure you find them sooner than another is to spend more time finding one. That is the advantage if you, as a child, can go searching for your bike after school every day.

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, xxxhalsteren said:

I have plenty of them that are broken. If I can make you happy with it would You like to have one?

Oh no sir!  I would not take one of those from you.

It just seems like there are a lot of those Cow Shark Symphyseal teeth found from the Netherlands. They are a bit of a rarity to find around these parts that's all.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

9 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Oh no sir!  I would not take one of those from you.

It just seems like there are a lot of those Cow Shark Symphyseal teeth found from the Netherlands. They are a bit of a rarity to find around these parts that's all.

Well if you need or know a person that would like some Belgium teeth let me know. I give most of my finds that are not 100% perfect away.
Recently I gave 20kilo Megalodon's to the museum to give to the children. The more rare ones like broken Somniosus/Centrohorus/Notorynchus/Hexanchus/Benedeni's I like to give to collectors.

9 hours ago, xxxhalsteren said:

Well if you need or know a person that would like some Belgium teeth let me know. I give most of my finds that are not 100% perfect away.
Recently I gave 20kilo Megalodon's to the museum to give to the children. The more rare ones like broken Somniosus/Centrohorus/Notorynchus/Hexanchus/Benedeni's I like to give to collectors.

You find Centrophorus there?  I've seen Somniosus and even Oxynotus from there.

6 hours ago, siteseer said:

You find Centrophorus there?  I've seen Somniosus and even Oxynotus from there.

Yes I got 7 of them 100% but, It's one of the rarerst teeth from there I know out of personal experience.
I own every specie that can be found there except maybe one but, that's the Sym Hemi. Aiming to reconstruct every jaw possible that can be found in Hoevenen. 
Have finished a few of them but, I want to completely master the location but, I know in the back of my mind that's impossible. I'm not the kid that could take his bike after school and go searching , instead as a adult we now have resposibilty's such a shame.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:42 AM, xxxhalsteren said:

Aiming to reconstruct every jaw possible that can be found in Hoevenen. 
Have finished a few of them

Would love to see pictures of these.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, belemniten said:

Thanks Kevin :) But I think you two dont really live in the near of Antwerp or? I was in a hotel near Eindhoven...

Yes here they are:

unb.thumb.JPG.b600e800b5b643f150ab8de0b3e9ea91.JPG  unb1.thumb.JPG.99f09a20774d9670dba32253ad13cd8f.JPG

It was very difficult because its only 0.9 cm long so I am sorry if the pictures arent that good ...

After seeing this picture, even if Echinorhinus was present I would say Notorynchus.

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022